Arizona Diamondbacks @ Atlanta Baseball Team series 4/23/21-4/25/21

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s got to be a big boost for him. Hopefully he can continue to build on this and string together more solid starts.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

No, a no hitter has to be a full 9 innings to count. Sorry but I am going to be a nitty old school fan about this.

Doesn'tt detract at all from how MadBum pitched.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There were some encouraging signs. I think it is important that we keep in mind that:

1. They swept a Reds team that, while offensively potent, isn't particularly good.

2. They took the series against a currently mediocre Braves team. They looked good doing so which is a step in the right direction

They beat teams that they should have been competitive with which, again, is a good thing. This two game series against SD will explain more about this team.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They went 7-3 on the road. I'll take that against anyone, anytime. Quit putting a "but" after someone does something good.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
They went 7-3 on the road. I'll take that against anyone, anytime. Quit putting a "but" after someone does something good.
Agreed. We are not a “good” baseball team but we went 7-3 on the road. I’ll take it all day long.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, a no hitter has to be a full 9 innings to count. Sorry but I am going to be a nitty old school fan about this.

Doesn'tt detract at all from how MadBum pitched.

As a long time baseball fan I have mixed feelings on this. You always think "9 innings" for a complete game or stats associated with a complete game but that was in a world where games were always scheduled for 9 innings. I think they are going to have to modify the interpretation on this given that 9 innings no longer (necessarily) defines the "entire course of a game".

An official no-hit game occurs when a pitcher (or pitchers) allows no hits during the entire course of a game, which consists of at least nine innings.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave