Arizona Coyotes Future Arena and Entertainment District

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
wow... wild. will be really sad to see the yotes go, a staple of my childhood... where do we go from here? do you guys plan to root for them in their new city? choose a new team? Vegas is the closest I suppose... I have an affinity for bay area teams.. maybe the Sharks? sad..

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My in-laws voted it down because they said they didn't really know anything about it, but someone told them if they voted it down it would force the owner and the city to come up with a better plan and that plan would then go to a vote.

I tried to explain to them that this was BS and that if this got voted down, we would probably lose the team. SMH.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really feel this is just a microcosm of the issues with any public voting since it isn't compulsory. This hasn't changed in 4 decades.

People under 30 simply do not turn out no matter how large the benefit is for them. If they did vote, they would literally run the entire country but they would rather lament about all the flaws in the system.

People 30-45 may vote if it is convenient or if some hedge issue is on the ballot. Publics works though don't matter because it's all about the thing that matters to me.

People over 45 vote a ton and they generally hate anything that the people under 30 like.

NoelPHX

Space for Sale
Reaction score
I was here when the Coyotes came into town and was a fan but I moved to Vegas then the Golden Knights came into town as well. So i am a fan of both. When the Coyotrs leave, that puts me fully back on the Knights train because of the pre-existing fandom.

Sucks for the hardcore hockey fans here. Maybe they will pull a last minute deal somehow but I doubt it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Our only hope is now that the Yotes are back to square one on the stadium, perhaps some other communities here will reach out and new opportunities present themselves. Long shot, I know. Thank god that Las Vegas already has a team, because that's where I could have seen the Yotes going to.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Our only hope is now that the Yotes are back to square one on the stadium, perhaps some other communities here will reach out and new opportunities present themselves. Long shot, I know. Thank god that Las Vegas already has a team, because that's where I could have seen the Yotes going to.
Houston is the big giant massive elephant in the room.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Houston is the big giant massive elephant in the room.
I think Austin would be a better place for a hockey team than Houston. Hopefully it’s not too late for one of the other cities in the valley to make a proposal?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was so hoping the Coyotes had found a permanent home in Tempe.

It's hard to be a fan of a team never knowing if it is staying or leaving.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson