Arizona Coyotes Future Arena and Entertainment District

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also - on the local morning show, they said a similar residential development that Tempe built in 2013 was praised by the City of Phoenix. Just further shows that this is all political. Phoenix is trying to shoot down an entertainment center that would take away from their downtown-centric stuff.

You must be registered for see images

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
My son said his safety officer left his company to work on a project over 40 stories high. That would technically be Phoenix's first high rise development. It is not part of this project. It is also supposedly in Phoenix. So how can Phoenix sue over this development, when I am assuming they are approving their first high rise development? Also, scuttlebutt is it all about losing sports dollars to Tempe versus that money going to PHX.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son said his safety officer left his company to work on a project over 40 stories high. That would technically be Phoenix's first high rise development. It is not part of this project. It is also supposedly in Phoenix. So how can Phoenix sue over this development, when I am assuming they are approving their first high rise development? Also, scuttlebutt is it all about losing sports dollars to Tempe versus that money going to PHX.
Because that building would not be in the flight path. Even buildings in the south end of downtown Phoenix have a max height. It has been an on-going battle with developers in Phoenix for decades

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 1680363940816.png
    1680363940816.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 2

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know this is anecdotal and sample size of one, but one of my coworkers lives in Tempe. They are voting Yes on all three props because they own property near the proposed development and they know it will increase their property value!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am seeing a lot of "Vote No on all 3" signs claiming it is a "Cash grab for billionaires."

How so if it is funded completely without taxpayers being affected?

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media