OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My in-laws live in Tempe and my MIL just started getting texts from a group labeling itself as AANHPI TED and is telling her everything that is wrong with this entertainment district and urging her to vote it down.

Not sure why an Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander group would be leading a charge against the TED (Tempe Entertainment District), but this is how they present themselves.

Just seemed a bit odd.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick Google search shows it is true.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who wouldn't prefer this:

over a new entertainment district?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it is going to be in Tempe, and as such it should be their vote. However, when you get something as big as this that impacts the whole valley, it seems a shame the rest of us are left out.

Should this pass, you can certainly show your support by spending money in the new district. That would be a great way for neighboring Valley cities to thank the Tempe residents and the team ownership for this investment.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it is going to be in Tempe, and as such it should be their vote. However, when you get something as big as this that impacts the whole valley, it seems a shame the rest of us are left out.
Yeah, the opposition can be so rude. I was on Next Door saying that I hoped it would pass and some NIMBY basically told me my opinion did not matter because I live in Mesa. Excuse me. I have lived in Tempe before, went to and graduated from ASU, still have family in Tempe, my wife works in Tempe, and we regularly spend money in Tempe. I have been to the Mullet to see the Yotes and we'll definitely go to plenty of games should this Entertainment District succeed. Some people can be so shortsighted when it comes to sports facilities/projects like these. This would be a boon for the entire East Valley, not just Tempe.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the opposition can be so rude. I was on Next Door saying that I hoped it would pass and some NIMBY basically told me my opinion did not matter because I live in Mesa. Excuse me. I have lived in Tempe before, went to and graduated from ASU, still have family in Tempe, my wife works in Tempe, and we regularly spend money in Tempe. I have been to the Mullet to see the Yotes and we'll definitely go to plenty of games should this Entertainment District succeed. Some people can be so shortsighted when it comes to sports facilities/projects like these. This would be a boon for the entire East Valley, not just Tempe.
I had the same experience, even though I have worked in Tempe for the last 17 years, and my current office I can look out the window and see the current landfill eyesore. I spend a lot of money in Tempe, and yes, the traffic would impact my commute.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Should this pass, you can certainly show your support by spending money in the new district. That would be a great way for neighboring Valley cities to thank the Tempe residents and the team ownership for this investment.
I will! :thumbup:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

I don’t know how many times that the state has to reject the Coyotes to convince the league to get them out of Arizona.
This may do it.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The minute they moved out of AWA was the minute they sentenced themselves to death. I’m shocked they’ve lasted this long with how bad they’ve been.

It’s time…

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson