Arizona Cardinals sign OT Jordan Mills

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Awesome.

I have been a fan of Mills since college.

He is NOT a game changer, but I think he will fit Sean Kugler's philosophy in wanting a physical lineman.

Him and Sweeney on the tight side will not be wanting in effort and nastiness.....just skill might be lacking, lol.

Good signing.

I would suspect the guard, Vinunich will be let go, or Gilbert goes to IR.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think this is a sign that Gilbert's injury is serious and as mentioned above he could go on the IR. Keim needs to stop getting injury prone players.
Well Mills was released from Miami with an injury settlement.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well Mills was released from Miami with an injury settlement.
Wow, another OL'man with an injury history. Oh well, stick him on the bench behind Justin Murray. This kid did a wonderful job against a damn good DL with 2 or 3 pro bowlers on it. The amazing thing was he did this after practicing probably less than a week & having to stay after practice for extra work to get ready.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to have Jordon Mills if he can contribute and stay healthy. There is not much out there this time of season.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dolphins released OT Jordan Mills with an injury settlement.
The Dolphins signed Mills to a one-year, $3 million deal back in May. He was viewed as their potential starting right tackle, but Mills missed most of training camp with an undisclosed injury.

Wonder what the injury was and his present health. Obviously, Cards would have had him take a physical before signing him

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mills isn't the long term answer but brings veteran experience to an OL that needs it right now. Plus he was signed after week 1 so if he doesn't work out he can be cut without harming the cap much.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good deal.... Based on what i saw last week we have one hell of an oline coach.... So adding in veteran talent can't hurt.

Anyone know if he is an upgrade over murray? Sweazy had to jump out and cover for murray a few times.....
I like sweazy
Are the Cards merely repeating the same mistake in signing injury-history O-linemen? Or can they stitch together 2 fragile linemen and make it thru the season starting each guy half the time.

If this signing gives us more depth, my instincts say: "Way to go."

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are the Cards merely repeating the same mistake in signing injury-history O-linemen? Or can they stitch together 2 fragile linemen and make it thru the season starting each guy half the time.

Other than the recently retired D'Brickashaw Ferguson, it's hard to find an O-lineman without an injury history; it comes with the job.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Mills doesn't have a history of injuries, so beyond the offseason issue, looks solid.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow, another OL'man with an injury history. Oh well, stick him on the bench behind Justin Murray. This kid did a wonderful job against a damn good DL with 2 or 3 pro bowlers on it. The amazing thing was he did this after practicing probably less than a week & having to stay after practice for extra work to get ready.
To be honest he has started all 16 games the last 3 years, so there really isn't a history. Just thought it was funny how he came available for us to sign. Couldn't have been any other way

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dolphins released OT Jordan Mills with an injury settlement.
The Dolphins signed Mills to a one-year, $3 million deal back in May. He was viewed as their potential starting right tackle, but Mills missed most of training camp with an undisclosed injury.

Wonder what the injury was and his present health. Obviously, Cards would have had him take a physical before signing him

Maybe he saw the impending doom and gloom in Miami and decided to get out of Dodge early ...:shrug:

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Solid, starting caliber O Lineman without an injury history are not available on the open market. It's always just a roll of the dice.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Talked to my Bills buddy this morning. His remark:
“He is bad, but you can do worse.”

This is another example of Keim throwing spaghetti against the wall and hoping it sticks.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Talked to my Bills buddy this morning. His remark:
“He is bad, but you can do worse.”

This is another example of Keim throwing spaghetti against the wall and hoping it sticks.
Unless ARZ is desperate enough, only way to upgrade OL without waiting for next year's draft is a trade. You look at what HOU gave up for Tunsil and that eliminates that option. ARZ is just trying to get Murray through this season and next year's GM will need to upgrade the OL, hopefully is starts with a LT like Andrew Thomas.

Reactions: PJ1