Arizona Cardinals potential head coach opening among worst per ESPN

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cards will get the person nobody else wants as usual.

Worked out well with Arians but not Wilks or Kliff.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree Bidwil's problem has been turning the team over to Keim. The combo of Bidwill, Keim, and Arians worked. When Keim hired KK, Keim ran everything. He made all the coaching and player decisions. KK leaned totally on Keim. KK was like a deer in headlights.. Blame Bidwill for allowing this and being dumb to extend them. State farm Cardinals stadium is one of the best and constantly upgraded and the Tempe facilities are top notch. Phoenix is a desirable place to live. Bidwill needs to turn the team over to a solid GM and HC.

Who would really want to work for Irsay and the Colts???

I'm trying my best for a positive spin.

Last edited:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hire a GM and give him control to do what needs to be done. He can convince the coaching candidate with his vision of where the team needs to go.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I disagree Bidwil's problem has been turning the team over to Keim. The combo of Bidwill, Keim, and Arians worked. When Keim hired KK, Keim ran everything. He made all the coaching and player decisions. KK leaned totally on Keim. KK was like a deer in headlights.. Blame Bidwill for allowing this and being dumb to extend them. State farm Cardinals stadium is one of the best and constantly upgraded and the Tempe facilities are top notch. Phoenix is a desirable place to live. Bidwill needs to turn the team over to a solid GM and HC.

Unfortunately they got Arians via a fluke. He replaced the Indy coach and was spectacular. Then Cards grabbed him. Other than that the interview then hire process has been the same spectacular failure his dad exemplified the vast majority of the time. There’s a reason this ownership doesn’t have a history of private sector wealth accumulation that typifies most owner groups.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The mistake Michael made was he let emotion override reason. He was too buddy buddy and close to his GM. And the coach.

Hopefully he hires someone he dislikes and is a SOB but good at the GM job. Promoting Harris and Wilson will, once again, be thinking more with his heart than his head.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Unfortunately they got Arians via a fluke. He replaced the Indy coach and was spectacular. Then Cards grabbed him. Other than that the interview then hire process has been the same spectacular failure his dad exemplified the vast majority of the time. There’s a reason this ownership doesn’t have a history of private sector wealth accumulation that typifies most owner groups.
Agreed Harry. Arians was MB’s dumb luck hire much like BB lucked out with Coryell in the 70s.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
The mistake Michael made was he let emotion override reason. He was too buddy buddy and close to his GM. And the coach.

Hopefully he hires someone he dislikes and is a SOB but good at the GM job. Promoting Harris and Wilson will, once again, be thinking more with his heart than his head.
It’s more insecurity than loyalty that drives these decisions. MB like his old man is really uncomfortable around big personalities in his building especially those who occasionally rock the boat.

The irony of course is that the majority of the winningest players and coaches in NFL history are big personalities who occasionally rock the boat.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose