Arizona Cardinals off-season week 2. 1/16/23-1/22/23

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
If they trade him, it's nearly a $25 million cap hit in dead money. They can convert an $8.5 million roster bonus to his base and shave that blow to $16.5 million in dead money. Doesn't seem plausible.

Agreed. Probably not likely - I have also received a few :mad: for this take as well. :)

Trade post June 1 cap savings vs dead money.

If we are truly blowing it up - then I think along with Hopkins, you could get solid compensation for trading DJ.

You must be registered for see images attach

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
That was brutal. Kyler's rep around the league is garbage.
The most damning aspect of all this, is hardly any teammates are coming out in support of Kyler, and Kyler hasn't even defended himself. If these accusations were blatantly false, then we would be hearing from practically the whole team about it. Kyler is obviously disliked in the locker room, and the chances of a new coach suddenly making him more mature is extremely unlikely.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
The most damning aspect of all this, is hardly any teammates are coming out in support of Kyler, and Kyler hasn't even defended himself. If these accusations were blatantly false, then we would be hearing from practically the whole team about it. Kyler is obviously disliked in the locker room, and the chances of a new coach suddenly making him more mature is extremely unlikely.
This isn’t even true. Guys defended him after both the film study clause and the Patrick Peterson stupidity. Kyler has his warts obviously but basing your opinions on Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe is like getting your news from the National Enquirer.

At end of the day it’s all about narrative and clicks. Whatever traits a player have are shown in the light of winning or losing. When Kyler is winning then “calm the f-ck down!” is narrated as “he’s just ultra-competitive” but when he’s losing it’s “Kyler is a temperamental brat.”

Win games and nobody cares about any of this garbage nor the opinions of trained seals like Skip and Sharpe. Kyler of course controls some but not all of the winning part of the equation.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Why throw that grenade right now?
Whenever any NFL pundit or source or anything is brought up, some folks brush it aside by any means necessary. I mean, dang, even if Kyler showed up in some folks' living rooms and confessed to not giving it his all, some posters would continue to make excuses for him :)

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Whenever any NFL pundit or source or anything is brought up, some folks brush it aside by any means necessary. I mean, dang, even if Kyler showed up in some folks' living rooms and confessed to not giving it his all, some posters would continue to make excuses for him :)

100% agreement on any topic is pretty rare, if not impossible.

I would say that this board is united on Keim and Kliff needing to go.

I would say its also united on Kyler underperforming/regressing this year.

Where we might disagree - what we all think Kyler "can be" if he gets the right HC and plays to his ability consistently.
I feel like he has the ability to be special - I think I have seen it already.
I also recognize all of his limitations as a leader/student of the game. That has to change. The studying clause was put in there for a reason.

We can disagree with NFL pundits who are loud mouths and looking to get ratings AND still be critical of Murray.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
This isn’t even true. Guys defended him after both the film study clause and the Patrick Peterson stupidity. Kyler has his warts obviously but basing your opinions on Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe is like getting your news from the National Enquirer.

At end of the day it’s all about narrative and clicks. Whatever traits a player have are shown in the light of winning or losing. When Kyler is winning then “calm the f-ck down!” is narrated as “he’s just ultra-competitive” but when he’s losing it’s “Kyler is a temperamental brat.”

Win games and nobody cares about any of this garbage nor the opinions of trained seals like Skip and Sharpe. Kyler of course controls some but not all of the winning part of the equation.
Any time given to those clowns is wasted. That said Kyler has to mature and work harder for the Cardinals to win consistently.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Where we might disagree - what we all think Kyler "can be" if he gets the right HC and plays to his ability consistently.
I also recognize all of his limitations as a leader/student of the game. That has to change. The studying clause was put in there for a reason.

We can disagree with NFL pundits who are loud mouths and looking to get ratings AND still be critical of Murray.
Fair on all points.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Why throw that grenade right now?
Because outside of Phoenix nobody knows who Steve Keim and Kliff Kingsbury are and these guys need ratings. ‘Kyler Murray is a Brat!’ gets clicks since everyone knows him as #1 pick, Heisman, Pro Bowler, etc.

Kyler has a lot to work on and had a bad year but getting 85% of the barbs from the media in a season in which his coach admittedly checked himself out mentally and his GM checked himself into rehab is ludicrous. It emboldens the “we’d be 9-4 if Kyler played better” garbage when in reality the foundation on which he played was broken without repair.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Where we disagree is that some of us don't think your QB should be a Chinese puzzle box. If you just turn here and twist there it will all fall into place and we'll be rewarded with Kyler Prime.

We've had it from day 1. If only he had better WR's. If only he had better O lines. If only he had a defense to lean on. If only he had a better HC.

I'm tired of hearing it.

The real "if only" is "If only the team had a better QB and leader".

Both these tweets were pre draft and nothing has changed.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
"coach admittedly checked himself out mentally". KK admitted he "quit" on the team during this last season?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose