Arizona Cardinals off season news for the week of January 11, 2021

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals linebacker Dennis Gardeck having surgery for torn ACL

Arizona Cardinals linebacker and special teams captain Dennis Gardeck will have surgery on Tuesday to repair a torn ACL, he said in a post to his instagram account on Monday night.

Gardeck was placed on injured reserve by the Cardinals after injuring his knee in the team’s Week 16 win over the Philadelphia Eagles.

I appreciate all the well wishes, your support doesn’t go unnoticed! The road to recovery begins tomorrow with ACL reconstruction. I’ll be back and better than ever in 2021, believe it!” Gardeck wrote.

The exact nature of Gardeck’s injury wasn’t relayed by head coach Kliff Kingsbury after he was placed on injured reserve.

In addition to being a special teams standout, Gardeck got more playing time on defense this season and responded with seven sacks for the Cardinals. He accomplished that despite only appearing on double-digit defensive snaps just four times all year, per Pro-Football-Reference. When he got his chances, he delivered. He played a season-high 25 snaps against the Eagles and had two sacks before leaving the game.

Gardeck was one of 10 players to receive an All-Pro vote for special teams contributions.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
The way he clutched his knee and looked down at it, I wondered if it was an ACL. There’s some universal signs the majority of athletes will give when it’s an ACL. Part of it is pain/the clutching of the knee (to hold the joint together, because the Jesus bolt just blew), and the other is that look they give like “wtf was that???”

He will probably start the year on the PUP, begin seeing action week 6-8 of 2021.

juza76

Registered
Reaction score
The way he clutched his knee and looked down at it, I wondered if it was an ACL. There’s some universal signs the majority of athletes will give when it’s an ACL. Part of it is pain/the clutching of the knee (to hold the joint together, because the Jesus bolt just blew), and the other is that look they give like “wtf was that???”

He will probably start the year on the PUP, begin seeing action week 6-8 of 2021.

Not a @speedy recovery

Ronin

The show stopper
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

The show stopper
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
FWIW:

Wolf was talking about offensive coaches to add to KKs staff this am --

Jim Caldwell was his fav

Wolf made clear he was speculating -- but i also believe that as a team employee, Wolf doesnt speculate unless he knows something is up