Arizona Cardinals @ Las Vegas Raiders pregame thread. 9/11/22-9/17/22

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought the D line was the worst of the problems vs the Chiefs. Hard to get home when there is always someone open (looking at you Simmons).

Zach Allen had 4 pressures, 2 Hurries and 2 knock downs.
Kennard had 2 pressures and 2 hurries in limited snaps.
Golden had 2 pressures and 2 knockdowns.
Dimukeje had 2, 1, 1.
Gardeck had 4 pressures, 3 hurries and 1 knockdown despite only playing 20 snaps.

They did ok, considering. But the backfield has to cover better.

Allen and Gardeck are actually both top 10 in pressure through the first week. Allen is top 10 in QBKD's and Gardeck top 10 in Hurries too.
….and ZERO sacks. Close only matters in horse shoes and hand grenades. I bet the all time record for games won with ZERO sacks is close to ZERO.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can explain why. They have to play better because they can’t play any worse.
Imagine this board if we lay another egg like we did Sunday?
Stout will be very angry.. and I will definitely get booted if that happens - which will stink because I do enjoy all of the banter from all angles on this board.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
….and ZERO sacks. Close only matters in horse shoes and hand grenades. I bet the all time record for games won with ZERO sacks is close to ZERO.

Chargers have one of the best D lines in the league. Had 6 sacks vs the Raiders. Had 1 vs the Chiefs. So ZERO sacks isn't the problem you think it is.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't know why, but I'm expecting a better performance by the Cardinals, this week. Not saying that they'll win, because the Raiders are desperate and playing at home. Also, their QB is VG, as is their TE and Adams (WR) is great. And, on paper, we don't have anyone to match up. However, I sense that the entire team (AZ) feels a sense of urgency and our poor performance against KC might make the Raiders feel overconfident. My guess that our two top performances this week will be turned in by Kyler and Hollywood. And on defense Gardeck will continue to surprise.

There is one Raider who can dash my hopes and that's Chandler Jones who will be very motivated. Still think we'll come out of the game feeling better about ourselves. Team and fans.
How could you not expect a better performance? Unless you think they have no pride, or that was the best performance they were capable I would find it wierd of anyone to expect something worse.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not true at all.

A quaterback that realeases it in under 2 second isn't getting sacked by the best hall of fame pass rushers of all time.

Effective pass rushing has nothing to do with sacks, it has to do with speeding up the QB and limiting his options.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not true at all.

A quaterback that realeases it in under 2 second isn't getting sacked by the best hall of fame pass rushers of all time.

Effective pass rushing has nothing to do with sacks, it has to do with speeding up the QB and limiting his options.
Any facts to substantiate this? Again - I’d bet money that the winning percentage is extremely low… nearly zero percent with ZERO sacks in a game

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Not true at all.

Do you feel like we accomplished that goal last Sunday against KC?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Will this game decide who is the worst in AFC and NFC West?