Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim cited for DUI on July 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me either, just thought it was a strange comment. Like drinking and driving had a lot of other uses or something
To kill or damage, yeah. I don't want to turn this into a gun debate - I own and enjoy guns, but it's not like guns don't have a primary use and not a lot of secondary ones that aren't intended to destroy.

Well...

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Me either, just thought it was a strange comment. Like drinking and driving had a lot of other uses or something

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Drinking and driving at least gets you home. Shooting a gun into a crowded park does nothing for you.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
No, because shooting a gun only has one purpose.

Maybe you could make the argument about a guy with a chainsaw recklessly cutting down some old rotting trees while there were people in the park. It certainly needs to happen, but it needs to be done with the right protections in place.

How about we don't post hideously incorrect statements like this, eh Solar7?

Drinking and driving at least gets you home. Shooting a gun into a crowded park does nothing for you.

Please don't argue that drinking and driving actually serves a purpose. Maybe you get home. Maybe you get to jail, or in a ditch, or dead, or...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
How about we don't post hideously incorrect statements like this, eh Solar7?

Please don't argue that drinking and driving actually serves a purpose. Maybe you get home. Maybe you get to jail, or in a ditch, or dead, or...

This thread is totally off the rails, but please inform me of all of the purposes you use a gun for every day outside of killing something or practicing to kill something. Again, I own and enjoy guns, target shooting can be fun.

It's not "drinking and driving" that serves a purpose, but driving serves a purpose. A car isn't designed for us to go crash it in to people. It gets people to places at speeds that we can not walk or run. Phoenix as a whole wouldn't exist without people having cars to get places. 95% of us couldn't even make it to the stadium without the assistance of a car, or two full days on horseback.

Stout

Reaction score
This thread is totally off the rails, but please inform me of all of the purposes you use a gun for every day outside of killing something or practicing to kill something. Again, I own and enjoy guns, target shooting can be fun.

It's not "drinking and driving" that serves a purpose, but driving serves a purpose. A car isn't designed for us to go crash it in to people. It gets people to places at speeds that we can not walk or run. Phoenix as a whole wouldn't exist without people having cars to get places. 95% of us couldn't even make it to the stadium without the assistance of a car, or two full days on horseback.

Wait, no, you said it only serves one person. You've already provided two. But, really, your original statement lumps a lot in all together.

One, of course, is that people murder other people with them. This is the least desired reason.
Two is that they are used to defend property, people, populations, nations, and the like
Three is that they are used to hunt, to provide food.
Four is that they are used to hunt, for sport (which I disdain).
Five is that they are used as sport, to show prowess or simply to enjoy.
Six is that many people collect them merely to have and never to fire.

That's six easy ones, off the top of my head. And if you want to start the "yeah, but most of those are to kill," I'll start parsing the uses of cars, for everything from smuggling to terrorism.

Bottom line, you know that was a silly thing to say. Own it, and all is well.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
One, of course, is that people murder other people with them. This is the least desired reason. Killing.
Two is that they are used to defend property, people, populations, nations, and the like Threat of killing.
Three is that they are used to hunt, to provide food. Killing.
Four is that they are used to hunt, for sport (which I disdain). Killing.
Five is that they are used as sport, to show prowess or simply to enjoy. This doesn't change the tool's purpose. It's still serving its' purpose. To destroy something. A car is not designed to destroy.
Six is that many people collect them merely to have and never to fire. I can collect guillotines, it doesn't change their purpose besides maybe being a very complicated way to slice fruit.

That's six easy ones, off the top of my head. And if you want to start the "yeah, but most of those are to kill," I'll start parsing the uses of cars, for everything from smuggling to terrorism.

Bottom line, you know that was a silly thing to say. Own it, and all is well.

You don't have a single thing a gun is used for besides the purpose of destruction. It's not silly at all. I'll repeat every time, I like guns and use them leisurely. I have no misgivings that they are for nothing more than ending life, or the purpose of damaging something. My point is that "shooting a gun in a crowded park" is nothing like trying to get back home for some sleep. A car does a million different things, a gun basically does one. It's just the nature of the tool - using it irresponsibly is bad for both.

Stout

Reaction score
You don't have a single thing a gun is used for besides the purpose of destruction. It's not silly at all. I'll repeat every time, I like guns and use them leisurely. I have no misgivings that they are for nothing more than ending life, or the purpose of damaging something. My point is that "shooting a gun in a crowded park" is nothing like trying to get back home for some sleep. A car does a million different things, a gun basically does one. It's just the nature of the tool - using it irresponsibly is bad for both.

You're deliberately lying to serve your point, which was expected, while I was using hyperbole. Sorry, but if someone is collecting guns--especially if they've been modified not to shoot (which is a thing)--you can't possibly say the purpose is killing. It's like saying I bought an old artillery shell as a paperweight and plan on storming the beaches at Normandy lol

Your point about shooting a gun in a crowded park is an overly silly one, and I feel I've effectively shown that. Do you really want to continue this ridiculous (on both sides) back and forth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose