1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
His love for the Wildcats!

Sick of NBA Prima Donnas

Chances, less than 1%

But would be perfect

Luke Walton is more realistic, though after the horrendous season the Lakers had I don't know that I would want him over Miller.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
His love for the Wildcats!

Sick of NBA Prima Donnas

Chances, less than 1%

But would be perfect

Luke Walton is more realistic, though after the horrendous season the Lakers had I don't know that I would want him over Miller.

Kerr doesn't have the stamina or the health to grind all year with recruiting and other ancillary things that college coaches do.

Luke Walton doesn't like to recruit and schmooze boosters.

Neither are coaching in college. If anything, Walton would rejoin Kerr as an assistant.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the concern is that if Miller is gone, so are his recruits, and we are left to start over with a tainted program and nobody worth mentioning wanting to come in and rebuild the program from scratch. We are basically stuck with Sean Miller, warts and all.

In the end saving a coach for a recruiting class usually doesn't work. If they keep Miller it should be because they want Miller, not because they want recruits, some of whom might only be there 1 year anyways.

UCLA saved Howland over a recruiting class and saved Alford over one and both times in the end didn't get far enough. I love UA's recruiting class but you hire the right coach and some of those kids will stay anyways.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In the end saving a coach for a recruiting class usually doesn't work. If they keep Miller it should be because they want Miller, not because they want recruits, some of whom might only be there 1 year anyways.

UCLA saved Howland over a recruiting class and saved Alford over one and both times in the end didn't get far enough. I love UA's recruiting class but you hire the right coach and some of those kids will stay anyways.

And there's the problem. What coach worth a darn would want to come into this mess?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Well Arizona fans are sure up in arms over Tracy Pierson shooting shots...

Arizona has no choice to keep Miller at this point even if the recruiting class wasn’t highly ranked. If you don’t believe the Schlabach report than nothing has really changed in regards to Miller, Enfield and Pearl. Louisville was able to get in front of everything because they had more shade at the time.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Arizona has no choice to keep Miller at this point even if the recruiting class wasn’t highly ranked. If you don’t believe the Schlabach report than nothing has really changed in regards to Miller, Enfield and Pearl. Louisville was able to get in front of everything because they had more shade at the time.

exactly nothing has changed unless UA now knows something they didn't know before, but if they did, I think that would be out somehow by now.

About the only thing different is it's now very public Miller will be under subpoena in the next trial but that was already known. The big change I guess would be Wade but just because he's in trouble doesn't mean Miller is.

Saving a coach for a recruiting class when the coach is alleged to be in hot water over recruiting issues would be odd unless you are 100% convinced the coach didn't do anything, and if that's the case he shouldn't be in hot water over it.

I suppose it's conceivable someone high up said look we've had Book, Phelps twice and Pasternack brought up publicly in a bad way, we can't have an entire staff breaking rules. But again if that were the case they would have suspended Miller when they fired Phelps.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The general impression I see on UCLA boards about UA's situation is most want Miller to stay. he can recruit but we don't think he's ever going to break through the way he coaches, defense over offense, won't play zone etc. We think he's damaged now even if he is totally innnocent, if he has to testify in court it's going to make it worse. hasn't impacted his recruiting of course but again the feeling is as always if UCLA hires the right coach, recruiting will take care of itself so don't worry about UA recruiting. If he's innocent and stays he'll win lots of games but we're really worried about our hire not Arizona's.

If Miller gets fired I think many of us are hoping UA hires Luke Walton, not a huge fan of his coaching so far. The guy most of us see as both likely and potentially a great hire would be Musselman. I think he's a better coach than either walton or Miller. He's not the elite recruiter Miller is but the system he uses at Nevada, transfers and under the radar recruits(and Jordan Brown) will work at UA too, it's not hard to get transfers in and my guess is while he won't recruit at the level Miller does, he'll recruit better than he does at Nevada. I think Musselman would be a great hire if they move off of Miller. I think he could be a huge upgrade at UCLA too but he's not going to be able to rely on transfers there and apparently UCLA has him well down the list because of the hiring Huffnagel after Cal fired him situation.

I have no idea on the inside sources, as I said there's a guy on BRO who insists Miller is already reaching out to NBA teams, I have absolutely no idea if true, he's never struck me as an NBA type coach I don't think NBA players would respond to his "aggressive" in your face coaching style.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I can't wait until Dylan Smith is no longer in a Wildcats uniform.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wildcats eliminated from Pac 12 Tourney.

Will they get a NIT Invite? Would they take it?

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
This is the first year that I won’t have to watch a second of the five foot two Joe Lunardi with his huge wig, hands and smile. I wish the best for ASU and Washington, but I am out on college basketball until October. Unless Larry Scott gets sacked.....

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I count this as perhaps the worst UofA season in memory. I can’t think of a single positive.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I count this as perhaps the worst UofA season in memory. I can’t think of a single positive.

Ira Lee’s development. He may have played his way into the starting lineup next season

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

It is the worst since I started following basketball in 1986. I remember the night that Russ Pennel took the healm as head coach, thinking that it couldn’t get worse. There were no Jordan Hills or Chase Budingers to save us this year. Demoralizing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose