Arizona Basketball 2018-2019

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
By my count it was 39-19 after Jeter got the T and went out.

You'd already blown the whole lead it was a 1 point lead when he got the foul and T, but from that point on it was a 20 point rout as you just are too small without Jeter.

That game again showed the value of transfers, while it sucks for the school that loses them I'm happy to see a kid like Brandon Clarke, from Arizona BTW, move up from SJSU to Gonzaga and get seen on a bigger stage. He was a stud at SJSU but now he's got NBA teams looking at him that might not have seen him at SJSU. I'm sure Coleman feels the same way.

Ferret face Kryzewski taught Chase Jeter that he will get calls if he flops and whines. Now he is on a team with a coach who is notoriously picked on by referees (PAC 12). I think he is going to be a foul magnet. I am also amazed that Miller lets him go on the court with his shorts like that

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Went to the Pinnacle High / Shadow Mountain game last night @ Pinnacle. Holy Crap!!! What a game. Nail-biter the entire way. Jaelen House (Eddie’s son and ASU commit) and Nicco Mannion dueled to the finish. But with seconds left in the game and down a point after House hit two free throws to put Shadow Mountain up a point, Pinnacle in-bounded the ball to Mannion who raced up court and launched a game-winning 3 pointer from deep downtown to win the game, snapping a 73 consecutive win streak for Mike Bibby’s Shadow Mountain dynasty!!! What a game! More than a thousand people were turned away at the door as the gym was at capacity 20 mins before the game started.
For you UofA fans, your start recruit (Mannion) put on one helluva show!! [emoji15]

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Went to the Pinnacle High / Shadow Mountain game last night @ Pinnacle. Holy Crap!!! What a game. Nail-biter the entire way. Jaelen House (Eddie’s son and ASU commit) and Nicco Mannion dueled to the finish. But with seconds left in the game and down a point after House hit two free throws to put Shadow Mountain up a point, Pinnacle in-bounded the ball to Mannion who raced up court and launched a game-winning 3 pointer from deep downtown to win the game, snapping a 73 consecutive win streak for Mike Bibby’s Shadow Mountain dynasty!!! What a game! More than a thousand people were turned away at the door as the gym was at capacity 20 mins before the game started.
For you UofA fans, your start recruit (Mannion) put on one helluva show!! [emoji15]

You can win it all with Nico as your PG. This is the player Miller has been missing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You can win it all with Nico as your PG. This is the player Miller has been missing.
I hope he and green are super dynamic because there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of bigs in zona’s Couple of classes. Even the last get, the 6’11 kid that just committed, wasn’t overly impressive except for his length in his highlight vids, and those were highlight vids. Hopefully someone will surprise me.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Reminds me of when we got Mike Bibby in 1996. Hopefully the results will be the same...

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Smart unselfish disciplined basketball. I am loving how this group of players is gelling. The opposite of last year

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Sean Miller is Bobby and Dan's real daddy. 7-0 combined record against the Fighting Hurleys.

Resume-building win.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This was a nice gutsy road win.

Out of curiosity, anyone know why Akot started instead of Luther?

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Iowa St and UConn will be good wins. Can’t lose to Bama.

The NCAA will be looking for every reason to keep us out of the tournament this year. So every win is crucial. Particularly the non-conference games since they don’t have the Pac 12 network

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Miller will never voluntarily grant ESPN access to him or his program ever again. Anyone who was involved with ESPN at the time of the Schlabach article has been excommunicated. Jeff Goodman basically had Miller on speed dial before and because he didn’t come to his immediate defense, told him to kick rocks

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Miller will never voluntarily grant ESPN access to him or his program ever again. Anyone who was involved with ESPN at the time of the Schlabach article has been excommunicated. Jeff Goodman basically had Miller on speed dial before and because he didn’t come to his immediate defense, told him to kick rocks
I understand the reasoning but that’s a bad decision long-term for the program. As a west coast team zona will always have built-in underexposure to the rest of the country. To start a war with ESPN will only have negative repercussions for the program. While warranted, Miller needs to act in the best interest of the program and move past this.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I understand the reasoning but that’s a bad decision long-term for the program. As a west coast team zona will always have built-in underexposure to the rest of the country. To start a war with ESPN will only have negative repercussions for the program. While warranted, Miller needs to act in the best interest of the program and move past this.

They are already on a mission to destroy our program. They literally unloaded their chamber multiple times. They have no more leverage.

Miller and Ayton, however, could sue them

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They are already on a mission to destroy our program. They literally unloaded their chamber multiple times. They have no more leverage.

Miller and Ayton, however, could sue them
Tinfoil hat? Why the hell would espn want to “destroy” the program. That’s ridiculous. Did they jump and sensationalize a bad story? Looks like it. But what does ESPN have to gain by destroying the Arizona program? You guys sound like the insane Indiana fans that claimed espn were out to get their program when the Bobby Knight strangulation story came out because Indiana once beat UNC. Ludicrous.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Tinfoil hat? Why the hell would espn want to “destroy” the program. That’s ridiculous. Did they jump and sensationalize a bad story? Looks like it. But what does ESPN have to gain by destroying the Arizona program? You guys sound like the insane Indiana fans that claimed espn were out to get their program when the Bobby Knight strangulation story came out because Indiana once beat UNC. Ludicrous.

Outside The Lines has tapes after tapes of evidence and only release that of which is detrimental to one coach/program. It’s been on the local outlets such as The LA Times and The Oregonian to dig up evidence on Oregon and UCLA which ESPN has refused to report. It’s painfully obvious to anyone that’s informed what they’re doing and why they’re doing it.

And how great is it that guys like Jay Bilas defended Miller to the Nth degree after the FBI report broke then completely flipped on him when ESPN reported on Miller/Ayton with zero evidence? They’re complete hacks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Outside The Lines has tapes after tapes of evidence and only release that of which is detrimental to one coach/program. It’s been on the local outlets such as The LA Times and The Oregonian to dig up evidence on Oregon and UCLA which ESPN has refused to report. It’s painfully obvious to anyone that’s informed what they’re doing and why they’re doing it.

And how great is it that guys like Jay Bilas defended Miller to the Nth degree after the FBI report broke then completely flipped on him when ESPN reported on Miller/Ayton with zero evidence? They’re complete hacks.
Got me. Apparently it’s not painfully obvious to me. So I’ll ask again, why in the world would they be out to destroy UofA? What’s their motive? Maybes there’s some sinister history of which I’m unaware.