Arizona Basketball 2015-2016

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
And the official Pac 12 response is we've looked into this before and made proposals but the schools have to agree to changes and so far the schools have NOT agreed.

Hopefully something happens, Pasch said on ESPN2 that all the schools have their own policy but there is no unified policy

Cop out. Larry Scott can do something at the conference level if he was motivated to do so, just like the SEC does and the Big-12 has threatened to do.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cop out. Larry Scott can do something at the conference level if he was motivated to do so, just like the SEC does and the Big-12 has threatened to do.

Just relaying the message. Scott said the schools have to agree before he can do it. Presumably the SEC schools did agree, the Pac 12 apparently have not.

may be as simple as other schools don't have it happening in their home court so they don't care about it.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Just relaying the message. Scott said the schools have to agree before he can do it. Presumably the SEC schools did agree, the Pac 12 apparently have not.

may be as simple as other schools don't have it happening in their home court so they don't care about it.

The only solution is Arizona letting the student section on to the court after every conference game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only solution is Arizona letting the student section on to the court after every conference game.

That could escalate to everytime UA plays on the road home fans storm the court when Miller is on the court during live play. Which is about half of every game so that would certainly get the Pac 12 to pay attention.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That could escalate to everytime UA plays on the road home fans storm the court when Miller is on the court during live play. Which is about half of every game so that would certainly get the Pac 12 to pay attention.

I'm a Sean Miller fan but I really hate seeing him do that. He's not the only coach that does it but I hate seeing them do it too. While the game is in action, no one but players and refs should ever be inside those lines.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I'm a Sean Miller fan but I really hate seeing him do that. He's not the only coach that does it but I hate seeing them do it too. While the game is in action, no one but players and refs should ever be inside those lines.

Problem is refs rarely enforce coaches outside of the box unless the coach starts questioning calls. It's like sideline interference against football teams. Happens every game, maybe gets penalized once per season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Problem is refs rarely enforce coaches outside of the box unless the coach starts questioning calls. It's like sideline interference against football teams. Happens every game, maybe gets penalized once per season.

Exactly which is why I brought it up. You do realize that one of the primary reasons the coaching box was created was not just to stop coaches from badgering refs, it was for player and ref safety. There were several instances of players and refs almost colliding or in some cases tripping over coaches.

There are all sorts of rules that are there that aren't enforced but generally speaking the ones related to safety are made priorities, that one hasn't been. Remember that led to the whole Ed rush deal a few years ago him telling the refs to get Miller off the court.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Zona should be well rested for tomorrow's game against Oregon due to only playing 1/2 of the game against Colorado.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing on UA is if you're a fan you have to love the way Chance Comanche came on late in the year. Much stronger. I had heard his knees were bothering him early in the year. With Walton you never know he is constantly saying a kid grew 2 inches but if that's true about Chance, might explain the knees. Right now he's not running like an old man anymore and suddenly looks like a real nice prospect again.

He might move ahead of Ristic next year at his current rate.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing on UA is if you're a fan you have to love the way Chance Comanche came on late in the year. Much stronger. I had heard his knees were bothering him early in the year. With Walton you never know he is constantly saying a kid grew 2 inches but if that's true about Chance, might explain the knees. Right now he's not running like an old man anymore and suddenly looks like a real nice prospect again.

He might move ahead of Ristic next year at his current rate.

I won't be surprised if Markkanen passes Ristic by conference play if he can't improve his defense.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
This is the worst ****ing draw I've ever seen for a 6-seed. Getting WSU to start, who at one point was the 9th ranked team in the Nation, is a freaking joke. The Committee really dropped the ball this year.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the worst ****ing draw I've ever seen for a 6-seed. Getting WSU to start, who at one point was the 9th ranked team in the Nation, is a freaking joke. The Committee really dropped the ball this year.

I don't know if it's the worst draw for a 6th seed ever but it's a bad draw for sure. WSU has to be thinking the same thing though as we're clearly under-seeded.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I don't know if it's the worst draw for a 6th seed ever but it's a bad draw for sure. WSU has to be thinking the same thing though as we're clearly under-seeded.

KenPom has them ranked 9th overall (Arizona 16), and 1st in AjdD (only gives up 59 ppg). WSU is the only double digit tournament seed in KenPom's Top 25.

To put that in perspective, the last time UofA had a 6-seed draw in 2013, Belmont, the 11-seed, was ranked 55 according to KenPom.

In theory, the 6-seed should have a fairly sizable advantage over the 11-seed, but this is a matchup that shouldn't happen until the ensuing rounds.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KenPom has them ranked 9th overall (Arizona 16), and 1st in AjdD (only gives up 59 ppg). WSU is the only double digit tournament seed in KenPom's Top 25.

To put that in perspective, the last time UofA had a 6-seed draw in 2013, Belmont, the 11-seed, was ranked 55 according to KenPom.

In theory, the 6-seed should have a fairly sizable advantage over the 11-seed, but this is a matchup that shouldn't happen until the ensuing rounds.

But it's an unusual situation because Wichita State played a bunch of games without Van Vleet early in the year. So they are likely underrated now that they're healthy but over the entire year, they're rated close to correct.

They're a good team. UA should probably be a 5 seed, one more win in the conf tourney and they were a 4 seed likely.

Pomeroy has UA losing by 1 to WSU. I would say watching last night Wichita St is really well coached but a very small team. UA is huge inside so that's where they should go.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
But it's an unusual situation because Wichita State played a bunch of games without Van Vleet early in the year. So they are likely underrated now that they're healthy but over the entire year, they're rated close to correct.

They're a good team. UA should probably be a 5 seed, one more win in the conf tourney and they were a 4 seed likely.

Pomeroy has UA losing by 1 to WSU. I would say watching last night Wichita St is really well coached but a very small team. UA is huge inside so that's where they should go.

Vegas also has this game as a pick 'em. Really is a messed up situation altogether.

UofA's size could bother them, but WSU did a good job neutralizing Zimmerman and Poetl this season despite its lack of size.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I'm thoroughly enjoying the turd Arizona is laying on the floor, right now.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Miller is getting out coached on a level that I have never seen before. I have never seen an Arizona team struggle this mightily on offense while a clearly less talented team is able to basically do what they want.

Sad, pathetic, and Miller needs to be held accountable.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
What a beat-down... But, I always thought this Arizona team had serious limitations... particularly on offense.

Never the offense. This is one of the highest scoring teams Miller has ever had. The problem all season has been consistent effort on defense and no clear leader on the floor. Exposed big time tonight.