Arizona Basketball 2015-2016

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You sort of knew this would happen but a Pittsburgh paper is reporting Sean Miller is in Pittsburgh talking to them about the head coaching job and they consider him "better than 50/50" to take the job.

I doubt he takes it and if he does, I think UA would hire Archie, but you just knew Miller to Pitt rumors were coming as soon as Dixon left.

I guess this is the source https://twitter.com/RichieWalsh?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Jeff Goodman is insisting Miller won't even consider the job let alone is in Pitt talking to them.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Jon Rothstein says he's in ARizona not Pittsburgh and has no interest in replacing Dixon at Pitt.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You sort of knew this would happen but a Pittsburgh paper is reporting Sean Miller is in Pittsburgh talking to them about the head coaching job and they consider him "better than 50/50" to take the job.

I doubt he takes it and if he does, I think UA would hire Archie, but you just knew Miller to Pitt rumors were coming as soon as Dixon left.

I guess this is the source https://twitter.com/RichieWalsh?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Jeff Goodman is insisting Miller won't even consider the job let alone is in Pitt talking to them.

Always figured that if Sean Miller left for a blue blood then Archie could pretty much walk in and take over. Then hire Pastner as assistant coach/recruiting coordinator.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think there are 3 or 4 jobs Miller would consider leaving for; Duke, UNC, Kentucky, and maybe Kansas. The idea of him going to Pitt IMO is comical. Its like Coach K heading back to West Point. Not a chance, clearly has a vastly superior job already.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I think there are 3 or 4 jobs Miller would consider leaving for; Duke, UNC, Kentucky, and maybe Kansas. The idea of him going to Pitt IMO is comical. Its like Coach K heading back to West Point. Not a chance, clearly has a vastly superior job already.

Throw in Ohio State, but I think the job that should worry Arizona fans the most when it becomes available is UNC.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Throw in Ohio State, but I think the job that should worry Arizona fans the most when it becomes available is UNC.

If UNC wins it all it's hard to imagine Roy not going out on top. Would Miller bolt before next season though?

Marshall could be at the top of their list as well...

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Why "maybe" Kansas?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If UNC wins it all it's hard to imagine Roy not going out on top. Would Miller bolt before next season though?

Marshall could be at the top of their list as well...

The only question on Marshall is do people from South carolina grow up hating North Carolina? I do agree he or Hasse appear to be logical candidates. The UNC fans I know say a few years ago Millers name was regularly on a list of possible successors to Roy but it isn't now. I don't know why that is maybe they assume he'll stay at UA, maybe they prefer Marshall or Hasse now.

Hasse is of course often mentioned as a future replacement for Self at Kansas but I suspect Self is in no hurry to leave Kansas where it would appear logical Roy is probably close to retiring.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Agreed - no chance of it happening

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Pretty impressive run right now for Arizona. In the final with Oklahoma St. in the first bracket. They have to beat them twice to make it to the finals of the whole tournament. But one loss, they are out -- OK St. already beat them once 1-0.