juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Id like a young coach,an offensive mind
Then we can call horton back as our defensive coordinator

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Have no idea who the next coach should be. I have been reading, and studying but there is no big name that sticks out to me.

Part of me says you play to your strengths and get a defensive guy, yet the offense could literally be a bare cupboard, and that will take someone who can build an offensive to rebuild.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have no idea who the next coach should be. I have been reading, and studying but there is no big name that sticks out to me.

Part of me says you play to your strengths and get a defensive guy, yet the offense could literally be a bare cupboard, and that will take someone who can build an offensive to rebuild.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mcdaniels and Haley would be the only 2 that get me excited. Mcdaniels is 1st choice

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Mcdaniels and Haley would be the only 2 that get me excited. Mcdaniels is 1st choice
I’d be fine with McDaniels only if he’s learned from his disastrous tenure in Denver. He was way in over his head while there.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
My hunch is John DeFilippo. MB and SK were very interested in Sean McVay last year and would like a young, energetic HC (with QB coaching background) to shake things up and create excitement. There is a Boston connection here too. JDF's dad Gene was the AD at BC (GDF was a former QB coach at Youngstown St. and Vanderbilt) for years and Terry McDonough knows him.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My hunch is John DeFilippo. MB and SK were very interested in Sean McVay last year and would like a young, energetic HC (with QB coaching background) to shake things up and create excitement. There is a Boston connection here too. JDF's dad Gene was the AD at BC (GDF was a former QB coach at Youngstown St. and Vanderbilt) for years and Terry McDonough knows him.
This is who I’m hoping/praying/wishing for.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure any of us are qualified to answer this question considering none of us have ever been GM for professionals football teams...

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Per NFLN also we're requesting to talk to Steve Wilks, DC, Panthers

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I want Chucky .... it would surely be the most fun pick of all. Just think of all the Chucky dolls sold and face masks worn at the games. I do believe he would be a great QB coach too. We surely could offer as much or more than the Raiders? And who wouldn't want to live in Phoenix over Oakland? Don't answer that, I just thought of who.

Oh, my bad. I just remember he would be living in Vegas next year. Maybe we can't top that after all.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
You never know how an interview will go but the Cards have asked for permission to talk with the candidate I’ve been touting on the board, Mike Patricia.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Shurmur is my favorite. He fits what I would be looking for in many ways. Carolina gets a lot from it's defense, and the DC has to get credit for that. I'm not sure if that makes him a great coach. DeFillippo is intriguing, but again, I don't know enough about him. I like McDaniels more than Patricia. Haley and Teryl Austin deserve an interview. I'm not on Vrabel yet. He falls into the Patricia category for me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose