Arians has to be thinking, "Told y'all to hire Bettcher..."

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
First of all in the grand scheme of things this can happen to teams that try to hold together a team like we were.

You keep shuffling the team to make them come out the best you can be and it warps everthing you do to the point that you end up going all in to make an aging team work.

Rebuilding is not an unviable strategy and teams that do sometimes are this bad. Please embrace this for what it is and for ONCE win the 1st draft choice don't just win a few meaningless games to void that, please for the love of God at least get this right once.

That's not to say you can rethink coaching but at this point I would say there is almost no chance anything will happen to the HC this year but someone has to fall on the sword that's how this goes.

Ownership has to back the HC though if this is how it's going to go or they will lose the team forever, this is where ownership has to step up and say we screwed up, we're bad and we need to rebuild, it's worse than we thought but we're going to use it to evaluate players and coaches and it is what it is and let it be.

The worst thing that can be done is to create a toxic enviroment where everyone is in the dark as to what is going on. This needs to be done asap the longer it goes on like this the more the culture of losing will ingrain itself.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah Shurmur is setting the world on fire as well. :lol:

His offense hasn’t been all that in 2 games neither & he failed miserably in Brownieland before
That’s more so Eli than Shurmur. I have watched both Giants games & Eli has missed numerous WRs open, especially Odell.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
This team was lucky to crap it’s way to 8 wins last season. They have glaring holes they’ve failed to address and they’ve brought in an entirely new staff from top to bottom. Throw in SK’s ridiculous drafting and this is exactly what everyone should have expected.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This sweet theory does not hold water when you just broke 1945 record for apathy.
This team was lucky to crap it’s way to 8 wins last season. They have glaring holes they’ve failed to address and they’ve brought in an entirely new staff from top to bottom. Throw in SK’s ridiculous drafting and this is exactly what everyone should have expected.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Amazing you equate good coaching with lucky to crap.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don’t think Wilks was Keims choice. I don’t think Arians was, either.
Who's ever idea it was to bring in former Chargers coaches needs to be fired.

Seriously, wouldn't shock me if Norv Turner is the OC or HC next season for the Cardinals.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you're going to make radical changes to your team's personnel, playbook, culture and operating philosophies, you have to be cognizant of the risks that may be created and what steps you'll need to take to remedy any possible problems.

Team ownership and management were ill-prepared and iinsufficiently paranoid to anticipate these problems and know how to fix them. Someone was asleep at the switch.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many yards did David Johnson have in that game? How was Carson Palmer in the 4th quarter?

Injuries happen.

The Cardinals had a veteran team that had been in the same system for several years under BA. The outcome looked the same to me.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many yards did David Johnson have in that game? How was Carson Palmer in the 4th quarter?

This thread is about BA suggesting Bettcher should be the HC of the Cardinals.

How many rushing yards did Bettcher's defense give up in this game?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bettcher was not the right choice as HC then and not now.

I salivated over Munchak, Haley, Bettcher combo. Thought Munchak can help O-Line. Haley can call plays and develop WRs and keep the Whiz/Arians style vertical offense and some verbiage. With Bettcher they could continue their mostly good defense.

Alas, MB and Keim had to settle big time for Wilks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose