Arguments for Cards taking 1 of top 2 qbs if available in draft

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either of those. I do think the Dline is the stacked position for the 1st round draft both off the edge and DT. I have been beating the drum for years now to draft a powerful DT/NT. But I will also take one of the pass rushers.

And I am really not in much of mood to hear we can get one of those positions in later rounds so we better draft offense or CB. Or even worse a LB who can do it all. I am sick of getting gashed in the run.

That's why I want Carter. if you remember last year I was banging the drum for Jordan Davis. He was playing great early for Eagles, had a high ankle sprain missed a bunch of games and then came back. In yesterdays game he made an immediate impact again on a team that had to sign 2 guys to replace him when he was hurt, Linval Joseph and Suh. At the time if you read through those posts I said he does have a teammate, Jalen Carter, who is an even better prospect, not there yet but going to be a star. IF we got Carter I would also want to see us consider trying to get JJ Watt back, finishing the year with a bang, and he would be an amazing guy for Carter to be around his first year or two.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry Skoronski

Of the 2 I prefer him over the TOSU kid Paris JOhnson. Johnson is a better athlete but again he actually had to move to guard to get on the field early in his career. He's playing T now and he's good, but he strikes me as a better athlete than player. But I could live with either I just don't love either guy.

Carter or Anderson would be my guys.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ok, who would you take?
Will Anderson
Jalen Carter
Bryan Breese

and that is probably it right now. I am a little higher on Breese than most. Probably a little lower on Murphy than most. Obviously scheme and FA will have a huge say in the matter. I really like Johnson and Skoronski but neither make sense in the top 10 unless you plan to play them at OT and even then they are better trade down options.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
The answer has always been build the trenches. Control the line of scrimmage. Even more important when your QB is Short.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. Just no.

Even if I liked any of the top 2 QB's in the draft. Which I don't.