Arena Football Folding?

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
The Rattlers are progressing as if the season will be played....

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/132093

.....and are holding their tryouts.

But is is looking increasingly grim for my indoor boys. Supposedly because of the economy several teams are rumored as "might" be folding including Denver, Dallas, Atlanta, Philly, and Columbus.

The only "official" word we have so far is that the Dispersal Draft (for the Voodoo--folded at the end of last season) and the Free Agency period have been postponed. The until further notice is the part that scares me. ESPN has been reporting that the season has been suspended but there has been no offical announcement from the league who should make some sort of announcement on Thursday.

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The league will come back resembling more of the AFL from the Rattlers inaugural season. A lot of owners will realize how nice it is not to operate a team and they won't come back.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
I hope they come up with something. I have good friend in that league. :(

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The league will not come back in its current form. It will have to resort to small salaries and grocery clerk Qbs.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Well this sucks! I'm not joking, I actually do have a friend that was playing in that league and was a starter for few years in that league. :(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose