• What Is This?

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Yes, just to watch a potenial train wreck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
dang, I just yesterday bought their new lifetime ticket package where you get tickets to any game each week in any city they are playing in, including the playoffs and championship games. I thought For Life meant my life not the league's life. Oh well, I have wasted money quicker and for far worse.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Looks like $250 million doesn't go as far as it used to. Thomas Dundon just gave that to the AAF a few weeks ago. I don't care who y'ar, that's a lot of biscuits to lose.
Saw an article saying he'll end up losing $70 million, he's pulling the plug before he loses anymore since it looks like they wont get the NFLPA to let them use NFL players

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw an article saying he'll end up losing $70 million, he's pulling the plug before he loses anymore since it looks like they wont get the NFLPA to let them use NFL players
If that's what they were banking on then they are beyond stupid.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I heard he pulled the money out, which led to the folding of the league.

So - not so much of a waste.
The money was used to keep the league afloat for a few more weeks than it should meaning people were kept employed. How someone would consider that a waste is beyond me.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The money was used to keep the league afloat for a few more weeks than it should meaning people were kept employed. How someone would consider that a waste is beyond me.
So you'll invest a big chunk of money into a company on it's downward spiral and destined to fail just to keep people employed? I mean, I can start a company if you're looking.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you'll invest a big chunk of money into a company on it's downward spiral and destined to fail just to keep people employed? I mean, I can start a company if you're looking.

It's called an investment. Some work, some don't. And, as I said, what someone does with their money is their business just as long as it's nothing illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Here is a list of potential AAF players that may latch on with an NFL team.

Jamar Summers CB Birmingham
Charles Johnson WR Orlando
Damontre Moore DE San Diego
Rashad Ross WR Arizona
Jayrone Elliot OLB San Antonio
Garrett Gilbert QB Orlando
DeMarquis Gates LB Memphis
Nike Rose PK San Antonio

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Meh, he'll be able to carry the loss...

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Trent Richardson deserves to be looked at by NFL teams after his AAF performance. Cardinals should at least bring him for a camp tryout.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Richardson is nothing more than a short yardage back, that role has it's place on some teams but not sure this team needs that.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Field Yates (@FieldYates)
4/9/19, 7:53 AM
We are now at over 30 AAF players that have signed with an NFL team. That’s awesome.

That is awesome...that was the goal.

If players graduating from high school want to get paid vs go to college, this type of developmental league may be the future.

I don't believe in paying college players outside of tuition and room/board. The education is the pay. For the record, my son is graduating from college in May and received a 4 year scholarship for basketball.

College football fans will still tune into their favorite team no matter who is playing. I feel the same way about the NFL...I am rooting for the team first.

The downside for kids not going to college is losing out on the opportunity a degree will offer for the future. A very low % of kids will ever make the NFL and then a small number of those will ever make serious money. Many will get injured and will miss out on both.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Field Yates (@FieldYates)
4/9/19, 7:53 AM
We are now at over 30 AAF players that have signed with an NFL team. That’s awesome.

It's a shame that he AAF was so poorly funded to begin with. No league should even start unless they have the ability to fund 2-3 seasons regardless of what revenue they make. The AAF had a real chance to be an actual developmental league for the NFL, I don't have as much faith in the XFL to deliver--as they have their sites on being something bigger than that.

Good to see so many players getting a chance in NFL camps.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
It's a shame that he AAF was so poorly funded to begin with. No league should even start unless they have the ability to fund 2-3 seasons regardless of what revenue they make. The AAF had a real chance to be an actual developmental league for the NFL, I don't have as much faith in the XFL to deliver--as they have their sites on being something bigger than that.

Good to see so many players getting a chance in NFL camps.
The fact the NFL was unwilling to assist it too bad.