• What Is This?

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Yes, just to watch a potenial train wreck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NFL needs to jump all over this and partner with or buy one of the leagues. Can you imagine an AAF combine and draft after the NFL draft? How interested would you be in this league if we could draft the best player in the league at the end of the season with another #1 draft pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm interested in what's going to be left for the XFL.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I'm interested in what's going to be left for the XFL.

The XFL will pay more than AAF but they also don’t see themselves as a developmental league...it will be interesting to see what type of player they will attract.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Here is as good a place as any to drop this...

Talks on NFL loaning players to AAF said to be ‘ramping up’

The co-founder of the AAF, Bill Polian, said Wednesday that informal discussions have taken place about the eventual possibility of the NFL loaning players to his league. Although plenty of “procedural hurdles” would need to be cleared before that could happen, he added, the subject has been “bandied about” between officials representing the two leagues.

“The talk is ramping up — I’ll say that,” Polian, a longtime NFL personnel executive and a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, told USA Today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ping-up/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c6b2cbf9b707

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I keep getting games for the birmingham iron...in california.... trying to be a Fleet fan but still have not managed to see them play a game.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Living in Orlando I’m having fun watching Spurier. It shows how hard it is to handle all the side stuff required to win in the NFL. This guy can build an offense as good as anyone who’s coached in the NFL.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Living in Orlando I’m having fun watching Spurier. It shows how hard it is to handle all the side stuff required to win in the NFL. This guy can build an offense as good as anyone who’s coached in the NFL.
Spurrier was successful in the USFL with the Bandits. Even with John Reaves at QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
What a waste of money.

Hopefully some of the players were able to earn camp invitations.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
What a waste of money.

Hopefully some of the players were able to earn camp invitations.

The bad part was it wasn't bad football. The had no plan B if the NFLPA would not allow players to be loaned to the league for development and when they wouldn't it killed them.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alliance of American Football suspends operations, just weeks into inaugural season

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report...st-weeks-into-inaugural-season-165805452.html

The Alliance of American Football, which has played just eight weeks of games in its inaugural season, is suspending operations.

There are multiple reports, from Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk and Daniel Kaplan of Sports Business Journal, that the fledgling league is at minimum ceasing all football operations on Tuesday though it isn’t folding entirely — yet.

Darren Rovell of The Action Network reports that the decision is being made by league owner Tom Dundon over the objections of founders Charlie Ebersol and Bill Polian.

There is a conference call scheduled for Tuesday afternoon that should shed more light on the situation.

There have been stories for weeks that the league quickly ran into financial trouble, and those clearly continued despite the influx of money from Dundon. Rovell wrote that Dundon will lose $70 million on the investment he made.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like $250 million doesn't go as far as it used to. Thomas Dundon just gave that to the AAF a few weeks ago. I don't care who y'ar, that's a lot of biscuits to lose.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero)
4/2/19, 1:23 PM
AAF chairman Tom Dundon is officially suspending the league's operations as of 5 p.m. ET today, I'm told. A letter will be sent explaining what that means for league and club officials, who say they have received limited info so far about how to proceed.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Looks like $250 million doesn't go as far as it used to. Thomas Dundon just gave that to the AAF a few weeks ago. I don't care who y'ar, that's a lot of biscuits to lose.

I am getting old but 250m could have built 2,777 habitat for humanity houses.

What a waste of resources!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Their hope of the NFLPA agreeing to player loans is an absolute joke. If that was expected to be a backbone for the league's stability then these guys were all idiots.

If I am an NFL player, even a fringe roster guy, the absolute last thing I would be willing to do is risk my health and my non-guaranteed NFL contract, during the freaking off-season, so I can get beat up by desperate players in an empty stadium.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a person does with their money is their business, not yours.
But I get to have my own opinion... Just like you do. I never stated it was good or bad, just my observation. It is what it is.
:raccoon:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson