Are you happy with Leinart being the Quarterback of the Future ?

Are you happy with Leinart being the Quarterback of the future for the Cardinals ?

• Yes

Votes: 162 97.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
YES!!! He is perfect for our offense. he is smart and although he lacks the athletic ability of the other two he does one thing I think translates well in the NFL. He makes quick choices. I think it will serve both him and the team well.

It really is a win win. He's close to home, warm weather. He's a guy who can be the "face" of a franchise, very marketable. He's a smart winner who seems to want the responsibility when the game is at hand. I am tickled about the pick.

My friend (a niner fan) called me after Det picked and asked if I "Make the pick" (meaning Lienart). I just screamed into the phone "RRRUUUUUNNN.....SPRINT TO THE PODIUM AND GIVE THEM THE FREAKING CARD RIGHT NOW!!!!!"

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No, he's not very good. :D

Of course! I would have picked him much higher. I'd have considered him at 1. Best possible pick.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
No-brainer pick at #10, considering he's a #1 pick last year. ESPN talking heads were ripping Matt Millen for passing on both Leinart and Jay Cutler at #9 overall and I heartily agree. That guy is clueless.

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Absolutely. I can't recall ever being so excited about a Cardinal draft pick in my lifetime. I was literally yelling with approval yesterday.

Reaction score
I don't like USC, and I am not a Matt Leinart fan. Yet, not even I could vote no on this poll.

The great thing with today's Cardinals is that Leinart doesn't need to be a "superstar" QB. The Cardinals have the best wide reciever tandem; make that corps; in the NFL. They have one of the top running backs with James. And an improved TE position. So Leinart just needs to be a smart, effective field general, which he is. How could I (anyone) not like this scenario!!!

:koolaid: :koolaid::koolaid:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Did you see Denny's face in his interview? My smile was twice the size of his.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Well this looks like a close poll. Maybe you wouldve had more of a negative reaction on the official board, but Im friggin' thrilled!!!

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
No brainer pick at 10 and a strong potential Franchise Qb. With all things new surrounding our team these days he is the perfect choice. We got very lucky to get him where we did. Now it is time to start winning on the field.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha ha. He who voted no, show yourself! ;)

A-Bomb

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
He might've been answering the original question about Leinhart :)

Ha ha. Got it. :)

A-Bomb

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Totally_Red said:
No-brainer pick at #10, considering he's a #1 pick last year. ESPN talking heads were ripping Matt Millen for passing on both Leinart and Jay Cutler at #9 overall and I heartily agree. That guy is clueless.

we can put buffalo in the family photo too...holcomb and losman????

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
last year i was praying that leinart would stay in college and come out this year, so the cardinals would have a chance at him. the good lord answered my prayers. i weep every time i think of the cardinals having edgejerrin james and drafting matt leinart. this brings so much joy to this old man soul. i feel like veron davis did. tears of joy , happiness, and thought that the cardinals have put themselves in position to win football games. us long term fans of 20-30 years or more haven't felt like this since the mid 70's. it is a long time coming. leinart isn't a savior by no means, but he will be a big reason why the cardinals will win football games for years to come. words cannot describe the happiness i feel.

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Saturday, 9:15 a.m. - I strongly disliked Leinart.
Saturday, 11 a.m. - Big fan of Leinart.

I'm glad sports teaches me how to be forgiving.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Its funny.

I hated USC as well as Leinart, and now hes our QBOF.

now i get to root for him!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be frank, he wasn't on my radar screen because I'd automatically assumed he'd be gone by the time we picked. I rated him #13 because there were 12 players ahead of him I felt could help our team more.

But 13 isn't exactly chopped liver, and in fact is only three players below where we picked at #10. And when you factor in the team's need for a QB who can be ready to step in for Kurt Warner and eventually replace him, it's the right move for our football team. As they say: "there's a time to hold 'em and a time to fold 'em." The time was right for us to draft a QBOF in this draft, and a very good QB fell to us.

Will he be the guy who leads us to the Super Bowl after Kurt hangs up his cleats? I like to say that "football is a game of probabilities/not definites."

We can't be sure, but things certainly look promising. So, with that in mind, yes. I'm happy we drafted Warner. (The only other option I was excited about while we were on the clock was Bunkley, and getting Watson in the 4th and Lewis in the 6th kind of makes up for that. Everything worked out for the best).

NuttinButTDs

Registered
Reaction score
RugbyMuffin said:

I am extremely happy. But as a pessimist, my only hope is that Leinart focuses on football, if not for anything else, just to piss Tenn. With LA close by, it will be a distraction. Hopefully, the rumors about his Hollywood plans are just that - rumors.

Of all the teams needing QB, we have the right ingredients for a QB to succeed - Edge, Bold and Fitz.. Make use of the learning opportunity from Warner and he can the next Rothleisberger (sp?).

Let the games begin

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson