Are we really going to retool the OL? Draft & FA needs.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Those expecting all the picks to used on OL need to be realistic. The D sucks too.

Cards aren’t going to redo every position on the line. I can’t see letting Hump go and needing a center and 2 tackles. No one wants to come here in free agency and Kiem brings in injury prone guys.
Huh? ARZ has signed guys...you forget Jordan Hicks?

You could fill defensive holes in FA, not every need is going to be filled with draft alone, come on now.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Nice post, I wa just looking at some top FA in 2020, I'd go after the following guys.

1. La'el collins for RT or trent William's for LT, resign Hump
2. DL, Chris Jones, leonard William's, clowney or Ngakoue. Need to.invest some $ in d line to go with peters,allen and future draft pick (mayne derrick brown)
3. C rodney Hudson
4. WR aj green
5. Fast MLB

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Nice post, I wa just looking at some top FA in 2020, I'd go after the following guys.

2. DL, Chris Jones, leonard William's, clowney or Ngakoue. Need to.invest some $ in d line to go with peters,allen and future draft pick (mayne derrick brown)
3. C rodney Hudson
4. WR aj green
5. Fast MLB

Clowney is ballin his butt off tonight. He's making himself some dough...$$ Him or Green would cost BigBucks.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I say draft Andrew Thomas, if somehow we end up picking #10 or later look at Tristan Wirfs or Austin Jackson if you can trade down while collecting more picks. Thomas would be ideal in that you can pay less for DJ to play RT or let him go and either draft a RT in middle rounds or look at FA RT's like Jack Conkin or Bryan Baluga. I would look at Andrus Peat of NO and let Pugh / Sweezey platoon at other OG spot, Sweezey is a FA at then end of next year anyway so there would be no long term log jam at the position. Let Cole and Galliard battle it out for C job.
Completely restructuring our offensive line heading into year 2 with Murray is probably the fastest path to his failure in his growth as an NFL QB. You keep what you have and add pieces and talent. You don't get rid of experience and hope we can suddenly draft a plug and play tackle when people are saying it is one of the hardest transition to make from college to the pros. If you want to see another year out of Humphries prior to giving his a deal, then franchise him.

I find it funny. We are all seeing the benefit of continuity on an offensive line and people want to blow it up. Our offensive line should like this heading into free agency.

LT-Humphries
LG-Pugh
C-???
RG-Sweezy
RT-???

OL-Mason Cole
OL-Lamont Gaillard
OL-Justin Murray

The only real questions we should have is if Cole and Gaillard can fill the C spot? And, are there any FA linemen who are too good to pass up a shot to get ala Scherff (who I think gets franchised)
Extend Humphries & draft Wirfs.

Boom.
It might just be this easy. And if people are sleeping on Tyler Biadasz and he slips to round 3(like the athletic implies), let's go!

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

3. C rodney Hudson
4. WR aj green
5. Fast MLB

Hudson signed a big extension with OAK in August.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The o line and d line MUST be fixed

Keim needs a new brain that'll stop paying guys like Marcus Gilbert who have NO interest in playing...just getting paid to stay home

Pugh seemed like a good signing, but got here and stinks

AQ - please, he's so undersized it's ridiculous....he's got heart, but sorry that's not enough to dominate in the NFL. Send him to reserves or backup.

How Keim didn't go after Mike Pouncy and the Chargers got him I will NEVER know. They signed him to a $5 mill a year deal for 2 years with incentives....and guess what boys and girls...he went to the pro bowl. If Mike hits FA again and Keim doesn't go get him...errrrrrrrr (insert angry face)

The only player I can live with is DJ Humphries

D Line has to go as well

This team is SO far behind the Rams, SF and Seattle it's not funny

I feel bad for season ticket holders....your remaining games are worthless.

Anyone saying the O line should stay is either one of the following: O lineman masking as someone else here, a family member of the O linemen or a fan of the Rams, SF or Seattle.