Are there any DTs worth a top ten pick this draft

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Im concerned about losing Murphy and then Zach Allen, so that makes the future even more complicated. This organization is in a financial mess. Need to wait for the combine before getting ahead of ourselves. Cant miss on this draft pick

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think we draft a DT. And even the best DT's are usually pretty poor in year 1.

It's a decent FA group next year though.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Jalen Carter put on a show in the SEC Champ game

like a forklifting guards and blowing up plays all night long kinda show

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
If we have a void at DT, we’ll probably need 2 for depth purposes.

A guy on K-state caught my eye. #50?
Not sure who you saw. #50 is Cooper Beebe, an offensive lineman. He’s got an NFL future, probably at guard. Eli Huggins is there NT. He’s #92 and likely a UDFA is anyone gives him a shot.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Since you asked. If you put them on the field today, Carter would be the better player. However, a year from now Bresee could be better or close to as good. He’s super strong, fast for a lineman and he understands leverage. He’s done well anchoring even against double blocks. He displays good burst and agility, excelling at collapsing the pocket. He’s seldom fooled by play fakes and he’s tireless in pursuit. The only major concern is he suffered a torn ACL. His recovery looks solid, but a kidney infection has cost him some games. A few scouts have noted he lacks a big time mean streak that some of us like. Nonetheles, he leaves it all on the field and plays hard until the whistle. I‘ll be very surprised if he’s doesn‘t go top 10, but pure ranking likely put him between 10 and 20.
Thank you. I was hoping I was not too far off.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Jalen Carter put on a show in the SEC Champ game

like a forklifting guards and blowing up plays all night long kinda show
Only concern with Jalen Carter IMO is his pass rush ability. Not saying he can't develop it, but hasn't really shown it as a plus skill. It is nit picking tbh.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Only concern with Jalen Carter IMO is his pass rush ability. Not saying he can't develop it, but hasn't really shown it as a plus skill. It is nit picking tbh.
at a minimum, Carter would serve as a guy who drives Gs or the C back into the pocket, eliminating a step up by the QB

may not result in him getting the sack, but makes one far more likely

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
at a minimum, Carter would serve as a guy who drives Gs or the C back into the pocket, eliminating a step up by the QB

may not result in him getting the sack, but makes one far more likely
Your hope is that he develops into a Fletcher Cox type rusher with his build and ability.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose