Are the Suns blowing it?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I keep hoping beyond hope we get that eight spot, but it seems we lack the killer instinct to just go out and take it. Barring a collapse by Houston, I think we are in a tough spot with the games we have remaining.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Hopefully the Kings beat Huston today

100-96 Kings w/ 2 minutes

Steph needs to explode and carry the suns (like he has done most of the season)

notakiddfan1

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, it seems like the Suns really should be about 3 games in front of the Rockets right now, just because of the way the Rockets have been losing in the past 2 weeks. Maybe, however, the Rockets should be 3 games in front of the Suns, because Phoenix has been losing as well. Nevertheless, the teams right now, with Houston losing to Sacremento tonight, have identical records with 16 (?) games to go, which means that regardless of what we as Suns fans may think, both teams have pretty much an equal chance of getting that 8th spot. Or, because the Rockets do have that tie-breaker if the two teams do end up with the same records, the Suns at least have a very good chance at making the playoffs. They do, however, have to start winning some games, because the Rockets are going to win a game that we don't expect them to win eventually, and with this little time in the season left, it's going to be tough to rebound if we fall into a hole.

Reaction score
The Suns have to win against all the teams worse than them and win several against the elite. I don't see it happening unless something magically changes in the Suns' psychy. Kind of like when they went to Boston many months ago and started that string. They need that swagger back. The key to me is Amare. Their slump started when his slump started. And that may be as simple as other teams' figuring out his tendencies. No time left to get him to change his ways, however.

It's a shame because the Suns may wind up being one of the best teams ever to miss the playoffs. The commentators during the Washington game thought the Suns would be a top 4 team if they were in the east. Imagine that!