Arbitration filing day

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Really shocked they haven't just cut ties with Andriese...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Great deals with Peralta and Ray, decent deal with Chafin, bad deals with Lamb and Andriese.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Andriese could surprise during blowouts.
He was okay during mop-up duty last year and that is what he is going to probably going to be used for this year. No biggie.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great deals with Peralta and Ray, decent deal with Chafin, bad deals with Lamb and Andriese.

Andriese is maybe a little high for a replacement level player, but at the $1.35M, only half million or so.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Andriese is maybe a little high for a replacement level player, but at the $1.35M, only half million or so.

But he shouldn't even be on the roster, not with at least 9 other relievers on the roster who are better than he is. (This probably gives away the identity of one of the mystery players identified in my post from yesterday in the Rondon thread.)

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This one I take to arbitration. It would be interesting seeing Archie try to explain how the D-Backs can rely on him any more than their other relievers.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ahmed wondering why being batted at 8 despite being the 4th best hitter all year cost him millions

I will admit I am wrong when he gets extended but I believe he is going to tell Torey to f off
Kelly might have gripe with Torey also. Kelly bats at the 8 spot also, when he is in the line up. I do not get why Torey doesn’t move the two mentioned up in the order. :shrug:It certainly doesn’t hurt to try.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Kelly might have gripe with Torey also. Kelly bats at the 8 spot also, when he is in the line up. I do not get why Torey doesn’t move the two mentioned up in the order. :shrug:It certainly doesn’t hurt to try.
I suggest that the best move in the National League is to bat a leadoff type hitter into the 8th spot ahead of the pitcher.

When the pitcher bunts, you have a fast runner on 1B. And a runner who can steal a base with the pitcher up.

Batting a traditional Catcher 8th goes against all of that and, as in the case of our Catchers last season, assures that
their potential power will see no good pitches.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I suggest that the best move in the National League is to bat a leadoff type hitter into the 8th spot ahead of the pitcher.

When the pitcher bunts, you have a fast runner on 1B. And a runner who can steal a base with the pitcher up.

Batting a traditional Catcher 8th goes against all of that and, as in the case of our Catchers last season, assures that
their potential power will see no good pitches.

Unless he is good enough to bat in the heart of the order (like a Buster Posey) or a good enough contact hitter to bat in the #2 spot in the line-up (like a Wilson Ramos), I have always been a proponent of batting the catcher 6th or 7th.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave