Aqua Teen Hunger Force

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is it? Is it funny?

I've never watched it, but it seems to have quite the following.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ask Heavy B3 - he used to have one of the characters as his avatar.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I have this is a season pass on the tivo - good program

"she is a chechyan prostitute and you shall refer to her as such"

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
The show's freaking funny. Master Shake is my hero.

Abomb.. I've been around. Why haven't you returned my calls? We were supposed to go get chicks together.. haha

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cartoon Network boss quits over bomb scare
Jim Samples is taking the fall for the marketing debacle at Turner Broadcasting.
February 9 2007: 3:17 PM EST

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The head of Cartoon Network resigned Friday after the network's guerilla marketing scheme for one of its shows went bad last week and led to a bomb scare in Boston - a fiasco that cost its parent company $2 million.

In a letter to employees, Jim Samples, the general manager and executive vice president of the network, wrote: "I deeply regret the negative publicity and expense caused to our company as a result of this campaign. As general manager of Cartoon Network, I feel compelled to step down, effective immediately, in recognition of the gravity of the situation that occurred under my watch."

Turner Broadcasting System and Interference Inc. agreed to pay $2 million to make amends for last Wednesday's bomb scare in Boston, the Massachusetts attorney general said Monday. TBS is the parent of the Cartoon Network, which initiated the marketing scheme. CNN, CNNMoney.com and TBS are all owned by Time Warner Inc. (Charts), the world's largest media company.

Samples had been with Atlanta-based Cartoon Network for 13 years.

In the marketing scheme, battery-powered cartoon advertising signs were placed around Boston and other cities for Aqua Teen Hunger Force, a show that's on the Cartoon Network's late-night Adult Swim programming. The signs led to a massive security alert around Boston.

-- from CNN's Katy Byron and CNNMoney.com's Rob Kelley

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aspiring artist friend of ours knows how much the Mrs and I love the ATHF and made this for us. It will be proudly displayed in home.

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave