Apple Cider Vinegar

Discussion in 'Body and Health' started by ajcardfan, Jul 1, 2018.

1. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

Hey. When my friend told me about Apple Cider Vinegar and weight loss, I thought he was full of crap. Then, my wife put me on an anti-inflammation diet on May 1st. She got some Mrs' Bragg's Apple Cider vinegar. I started to drink it. straight, right out of the bottle, three good sips a day. For the last two bottles, I've used Fry's Organic Brand, Simple Truth (with mother, which are the fermenters).

Weight on May 1, 248 lbs. Weight on July 1, 227 lbs. With no conscious effort to reduce calories.

IDK... you know... I'm just saying.... I can't really believe it some times.

2. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

Congrats on the weight loss, AJ. What else is involved in the anti-inflammation diet?

3. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

Be careful drinking ACV without a straw as it can damage the enamel of your teeth!

ajcardfan likes this.
  4. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

Also, aren't you supposed to mix it with some water? A friend of mine swears by it, but he takes a tablespoon mixed with 8 oz of water.

5. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

Most people do... From all that I've learned, to maximize the benefits of ACV, the following mixture is suggested:

- 2 tablespoons of ACV
    - 8 oz of water
    - Lemon or Lime Juice
    - 1 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
    - 1 tsp of Cream of Tarter

Benefits are associated with improved gut biome, which then produces a wide variety of healthy outcomes such as weight loss... I try to drink this cocktail once a week... though, I know others who do it more often and swear by it.

ajcardfan and Brian in Mesa like this.
  6. ajcardfan

Thing is, I actually love the taste of it straight. I don't roll it around in my mouth. It goes straight back. Then I immediately have a cup of water too.

82CardsGrad likes this.
  7. jf-08

jf-08 Administrator; Rules Creator Staff Member

I typically put 2 tbs in a liter Nalgene bottle and drink that every morning. The dilution keeps the enamel fine.

82CardsGrad and ajcardfan like this.
  8. ajcardfan

Well, the basics are what doctors have been telling us for years, what we should avoid eating and what we should eat.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/foods-that-fight-inflammation

The main difference I notice is that it encourages you to use anti-inflammatory spices instead of salt. We've been using lots of turmeric, ginger, cloves, rosemary, chilis and garlic. And, of all the diets we've tried this one is the most delicious. we got a couple of anti-inflammatory cookbooks and are having fun making all these different dishes.

I love red meat, which of course, is a no-no, or at least very rarely and small amounts. I like fish, we cook fish twice a week, but I do daydream about steak sometimes.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Mainstreet, Linderbee and 82CardsGrad like this.
  9. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

What about red meat that's grass fed and grass finished? I get my beef and pork delivered from Butcherbox. Expensive, but at least I know I'm getting the real thing.

I'm a huge fan of turmeric. I add a bunch to my smoothie every morning.

I find ACV absolutely disgusting, but I choke down a swig of it every morning.

ajcardfan likes this.
  10. StreetTruckinTitan

StreetTruckinTitan Formerly NativeAZfan

Ive been adding this to my water daily for the past year or so. I really dont need to lose much weight...maybe 10# but my weight is staying pretty constant but my waist size is getting smaller which is fine by me.

ajcardfan likes this.
  11. ajcardfan

I am sure that is going to be better for you than the stockyards, antibiotic loaded beef. I don't know why people think about antibiotics with chicken, but not beef. Cattle are the number one consumers of antibiotics.

Thanks for the tip. I am going to look into that company.

12. cardncubfan

cardncubfan H

My wife was saying that in order for the ACV to be effective you have to have the mother in the bottle. Is this correct?

13. ajcardfan

I have heard that also. Adds probiotics to the gut. That why i get the frys organic brand with mother. Tasty!

cardncubfan likes this.
  14. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

Cool! I'm like a kid at christmas when my box comes every month. I cooked some killer pork ribs on Sunday and I'm finishing up the last of them right now.