Anyone up for Baltimore?

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Since this seems to be the thread idea of the weekend...

We'll be in Baltimore on 9/23...who will answer the quesion on my siggy line?

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You sure seem to want to flea New Jersey any chance you get. :)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I know I will be there. Also at Fedex field for the skins game.

MDCardfan will be there also. CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I grew up in Garwood,lived there untill 1979 but I go back every year.
Stoped by Cardinal Bob's place & saw his football room down in the basement. :thumbup:
FWIW Tony Siragusa went to high school in Kenilworth where the Garwood kids used to go since its too small to have its own.

Last edited:

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Whatever you do.. Stay away from "The Block" after midnight :)

Just some friendly advice with one who's experienced Baltimore after hours.. Let's just say, Jay did a LOT of growing up that evening at age 17.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To reiterate what Diamond Jay said, do not go out in Baltimore after dark unless you have more than a few people with you. It is not the murder capital of the country for nothing. I have lived here all my life and I dont ever go down there unless it is something really important. While there are some fun places here and there and some beautifull history, the world would be a much better place if the whole city disappeared.

For those of you who go to the Redskins and Ravens games, the fireworks are real in Washington, enjoy.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll be spending too much of my weekends in Baltimore already (2 Sept. weddings & Bar Mitzvahs so far - and counting) to want to drive down still another time.

You guys complaining about "being trapped in Jersey" simply live in the wrong part of the state. For example, in the eastern-central part of the state, it was no big deal this past Saturday afternoon to hop in the car in and drive a half-hour (in no traffic) to the Shore.

We frequently see deer out back, summer corn and tomatos are coming in soon and NYC is only an hour away.

Of course, we're stuck with the Giants and Jets, but that's what DirecTV, SIRIUS and the Internet is for.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I'll be at the Skins and Ravens games. I'll get tickets somehow, even if right now I have no idea where I'll find the money.

For the baltimoron game, I say we all meet at Pickles beforehand. Its a decent bar right across the street.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I also like going to the Marriot bar across the street. Being as it is a hotel, there are often more people there supporting the road team than the Ravens. Great breakfast buffet too.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
...I say we all meet at Pickles beforehand. Its a decent bar right across the street.
Assuming you all have wheels and will be driving to Baltimore, don't overlook one of its local features - the terrific crab joints scattered around town.

On the northwest side of town, there's CJ's on Reisterstown Rd. (just outside the Beltway) and Pebbles (on Security Blvd).

Neither are big on atmosphere, but the beer is cold and the steamed crabs are unbelievable.

bratwurst

Reaction score
Yeah I usually cruise into town via i70. I live about a 45 minute drive to the west of B-more.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I lived in Pikesville for 3 years.... CJ's is pretty nice. Also.... Timbuktu on Coca Cola drive right next to Arundel Mills Mall has some AWESOME crab cakes.

Pickles is a pretty good bar next to the stadium. I recommend you park somewhere early or take a taxi to the stadium because parking is rare!

bratwurst

Reaction score
I usually get there about an hour or so early and park in one of the garages near pickles.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Looks like we will have a good amount of people going! Should be alot of fun!

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone who is planning to go to the Washington game should contact me. I have a parking pass in the tailgate area and would like to get as many of us together up there as possible. I will be there by 9am that morning ready to go, w/ food and a keg.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
<---- Plans on becoming cardsfanmd's friend. :D

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I lived in Pikesville for 3 years.... CJ's is pretty nice. Also.... Timbuktu on Coca Cola drive right next to Arundel Mills Mall has some AWESOME crab cakes.

Pickles is a pretty good bar next to the stadium. I recommend you park somewhere early or take a taxi to the stadium because parking is rare!
Sometimes, when I'm down visiting relatives, I'll bring back a bunch of steamed crabs in a cooler from Sea King on Reisterstown Rd. (inside the Beltway). And back in the day, there was a steamed crab carry-out joint on 29th St. e/o Falls Rd. called Sterlings. For something like $1.49, you could get a seafood sub (with shrimp, crab etc.) that even a starving college kid would have a hard time finishing. Also - over in Towson - there used to be a pretty good crab spot called Beau Brooks.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Bo Brooks is now a big joint on the waterfront. Right down the street from Ray Lewis's BBQ. When my parents come in from Phoenix we would always make a special trip to get a couple dozen steamed crabs.

Little Pricey, but my parents always loved the atmosphere and the dirty food. Great Crabs, with TONS of old bay.

Good times man.

Still doesn't make me miss that Cesspool though. lol

Sometimes when driving downtown after an Orioles game I would think to myself... "Maybe the Wire is a documentary"???

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson