Anyone see this on the "other" Suns board

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
http://www.phxsuns.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2931

Pretty funny reading all that stuff. And I would have to say that they either don't know ASFN or simply don't know what they are talking about because this site ( even if it emphasizes football regarding the quantity of total posts) is in a whole different universe compared to .net.
I mean ASFN compared to phxsuns.net is like Ferrari compared to a bicycle. Although their layout has improved.

And the stuff about emailing the admin to "maybe" get a registration has always pissed me off. It keeps trolls away? It's not like we have any kind of problems like that.

I am always wondering why those guys feel like they need their own private board??!??!

Oh yeah, ASFN is the best Suns site on the net. No question!! :thumbup:

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
slinslin said:

Pretty funny reading all that stuff. And I would have to say that they either don't know ASFN or simply don't know what they are talking about because this site ( even if it emphasizes football regarding the quantity of total posts) is in a whole different universe compared to .net.
I mean ASFN compared to phxsuns.net is like Ferrari compared to a bicycle. Although their layout has improved.

And the stuff about emailing the admin to "maybe" get a registration has always pissed me off. It keeps trolls away? It's not like we have any kind of problems like that.

I am always wondering why those guys feel like they need their own private board??!??!

Oh yeah, ASFN is the best Suns site on the net. No question!! :thumbup:

I look at their board sometimes, but I find their self congratulatory tone rather off putting and their "invitation only" approach bizzare. There has to be a better way to avoid trolls.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
slinslin said:

Maybe I missed something. I just wasted 15 minutes reading that thread, and I didn't see one thing about this message board in there. It looks like there's a new poster over their name "AZSportsFan". That might have created a little confusion.

It's been a while... a long while... since I've visited that message board. I've never thought there was anything wrong with it. I just never got anything more from it after I had read everything on this site for the day. And over there I thought I had to read through a lot more chitchat to get to the good stuff. That doesn't seem to happen here nearly as much (except when Scotsman and I start talking about John Travolta movies). I would have to agree with them though that they are a much better site than the AZCentral message board. That place is just awful.

I only wish we had some more to talk about right now. I'm just thanking God for the Olympics and an exciting free agency, or it could have been like this a while ago.

Joe Mama

Last edited:

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
I want to get involved in a league this year, so if there are any spots open please let me know. Thanks

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Yep! The wheels are in motion. You have an e-mail from me.

Time zone doesn't matter much to me at all if we can get it done before the first week of october.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Time zone doesn't matter much to me at all if we can get it done before the first week of october.

Unfortunately that won't happen. With the draft in the middle of October last year, we had a good balance between people saying it was too late and people saying it was too early. So I'd like to leave it around the same time, more or less.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
I will read that board every once awhile (incase there is something posted there, that isn't here) but something I read that a poster was complaining about their board - actually I've always felt same way... that board seems to be more like a bunch of friends chatting, than a serious Suns discussion. That board seems pretty cool though but I agreed with that complaint (although I can't remember but I think it was from "him", sorry to bring "him" up). I do think it's cool, to have several boards though - ESPN though :shrug:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson