Anyone notice (ie Dockett)

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone see twice during the game he came off after reagrivating the stinger in his shoulder (if thats all it is hopefully) and came back in?

I have had that before, I am sure on a much smaller scale and definately not while banging into 300 pounders all day, and it is extremely painful.

I remember an article posted on here earlier in the season about players that are hurt with the strike looking taking the easy way out and making their way to the bench.

Reminded me why I was so glad we resigned him long term. Definately the kind of leader you want to build around, especially with an aging Wilson probably rolling off sooner rather than later.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone see twice during the game he came off after reagrivating the stinger in his shoulder (if thats all it is hopefully) and came back in?

I have had that before, I am sure on a much smaller scale and definately not while banging into 300 pounders all day, and it is extremely painful.

I remember an article posted on here earlier in the season about players that are hurt with the strike looking taking the easy way out and making their way to the bench.

Reminded me why I was so glad we resigned him long term. Definately the kind of leader you want to build around, especially with an aging Wilson probably rolling off sooner rather than later.

I thought he dislocated his shoulder and was going to be out for the year the way that he fell.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
At this point he should be a week to week diagnosis, IMO.

You screw around with those things and they never go away. But, then again such is life in the NFL.

What worried me was the first time he came out the shot was taken from the front (chest area) and that hurt him.

Usually a re-occurance, at least in my humble case, was when you have you shoulders hit from the top of the shoulder down.

Maybe it is more than just a "stinger".

Regardless Dockett's play the last two weeks has been inspiring.

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought he dislocated his shoulder and was going to be out for the year the way that he fell.

I had the same thought. On the same train of thought did you see bradleys injury on the Eagles. I almost emptied my stomach full of beer when I saw that. The announcers were hilarious. Paraphrase "Looks like Bradley landed on that hand"

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the same thought. On the same train of thought did you see bradleys injury on the Eagles. I almost emptied my stomach full of beer when I saw that. The announcers were hilarious. Paraphrase "Looks like Bradley landed on that hand"

That Bradley thing was nasty.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
I used to get these in high school football. It would happen when I would take a really hard hit on the shoulder, had to get hit exactly right and then it would feel literally like the shoulder was on fire. The sensation last longer that you want it to, for sure, but its still really short and then it is completely gone, don't feel it ten minutes later, the next day, whatever. Anyway I'm not sure if you get to the point where these start happening more often, the more of them you have or whatever, but if so, it could be a bad problem. Especially since Dockett is hitting and being hit about 1000 times more powerfully than the hits I used to take.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I used to get these in high school football. It would happen when I would take a really hard hit on the shoulder, had to get hit exactly right and then it would feel literally like the shoulder was on fire. The sensation last longer that you want it to, for sure, but its still really short and then it is completely gone, don't feel it ten minutes later, the next day, whatever. Anyway I'm not sure if you get to the point where these start happening more often, the more of them you have or whatever, but if so, it could be a bad problem. Especially since Dockett is hitting and being hit about 1000 times more powerfully than the hits I used to take.

Mine would go numb, and then ache really badly. Not fun.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson