Anyone Going to Korn, Sevendust, Static-X?

Jim O

Reaction score
Saturday night. Dogde Theatre.

Wow...I am going to be hurting at the Panthers game on Sunday!

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jim Omohundro
Saturday night. Dogde Theatre.

Wow...I am going to be hurting at the Panthers game on Sunday!

Yeah, Jim they're playing at the Dodge Theater. Could there be a worse venue for that type of show? Put it at Mesa Amp. or Cricket, not the Dodge theater. Dodge is a sit-down place.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My wife fixed up one of the bouncer's dog this week and as an appreciation he gave us three tickets....I knew she was good for something. I can't wait to see where we sit

OP
OP
Jim O

Jim O

Reaction score
Re: Re: Anyone Going to Korn, Sevendust, Static-X?

Originally posted by vince56
Yeah, Jim they're playing at the Dodge Theater. Could there be a worse venue for that type of show? Put it at Mesa Amp. or Cricket, not the Dodge theater. Dodge is a sit-down place.

I saw Godsmack at Dodge in the Pit. It was pretty cool. Dodge isn't too bad if you are on the floor.

Mesa Amp is the best outdoor venue in the PHX area.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Anyone Going to Korn, Sevendust, Static-X?

Originally posted by Jim Omohundro
I saw Godsmack at Dodge in the Pit. It was pretty cool. Dodge isn't too bad if you are on the floor.

Mesa Amp is the best outdoor venue in the PHX area.

I've seen Green Day, Rage Against the Machine, Soundgarden among other bands at Mesa Amp...nice place

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
last night

one the bands i play in played at PI with a band from Tucson - Whisky Bitch - featuring a rail thin, tattoed up, miniskirt and torn stockings wearing hispanic BABE guitar player that was so hot I didn't even try to pick up on her.
BTW - the band rocked hard in a Stooges/Lime Cell/ Hellacopters way.

Those commercial bands you guys are talking about... :barf:
I guess that's why I'm the weird guy...

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Re: last night

Originally posted by andikrist

Nah Andikrist, you're not weird, I'm the same way. I'm into metal, so metal-wannabe bands like Korn and Sevendust make my skin crawl. I'm not into chuggin' 2 chords and screaming about how daddy abused me. It's not my thing.

The only commercially viable band I'm really into is Pantera. Other than that, it's mostly European metal imports for me. They're so far ahead of us right now it's not even funny.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Korn went downhill every release, with "Issues" being the last decent one.

The only commercially viable band I'm really into is Pantera. Other than that, it's mostly European metal imports for me. They're so far ahead of us right now it's not even funny.

Which bands? My fave European heavy metal band is Entombed...

Edit: Britian bands in general are up there....IE> Gomez, SuperGrass, Cornershop, The Strokes (yeah from the US, but made it big there), etc.......

I've gotten more interested in the "Indi" rock scene....Mainly bands like Sebadoh/Folk Implosion (Lou Barlow is the "King" of the movement), Gomez (put on the best concert this past April at Nitas Hide-Away), Alaska, and Beck.....

Some of the best bands have been out of Canada including
Sloan, Our Lady Peace, and Hayden.....

Last edited:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Our Lady Peace is pretty good. I'm not into the Entombed stuff though. About the closest I get is Meshuggah or Opeth. My style is more of the progressive / power metal. I like it because the musicians are all top notch. The euro bands I'm into are bands like Soilwork, In Flames, Nightwish, Stratovarius, etc. Soilwork is like Dream Theater but a lot heavier with a much heavier singer.

My favorite band of the last 5 years is an American band that sounds like a Euro band. Symphony X is a phenomenal new progressive/power metal band from New Jersey. They were just in town a few weeks ago.

OP
OP
Jim O

Jim O

Reaction score
Re: last night

Originally posted by andikrist

I just like to bang my head to rediculously loud music. It takes away the pain of a 3-10 season for a little while.

:thumbup:

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our Lady Peace is pretty good. I'm not into the Entombed stuff though. About the closest I get is Meshuggah or Opeth. My style is more of the progressive / power metal. I like it because the musicians are all top notch. The euro bands I'm into are bands like Soilwork, In Flames, Nightwish, Stratovarius, etc. Soilwork is like Dream Theater but a lot heavier with a much heavier singer.

My favorite band of the last 5 years is an American band that sounds like a Euro band. Symphony X is a phenomenal new progressive/power metal band from New Jersey. They were just in town a few weeks ago.

I should check those bands out (only one I heard out of those is Symphony X).....

Do you like Fear Factory and Iced Earth?

I love progressive-rock...especially the 70s and 80s...IE> Yes, earlier Genesis (before Peter Gabriel left), Asia, Queensryche and Rush.....

Last edited:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingLouieLouie
I should check those bands out (only one I heard out of those is Symphony X).....

Do you like Fear Factory and Iced Earth?

I love progressive-rock...especially the 70s and 80s...IE> Yes, earlier Genesis (before Peter Gabriel left), Asia, Queensryche and Rush.....

Go get a Symphony X CD. I recommend "Divine Wings of Tragedy." If you like that CD, the next best 2 are "Twilight in Olympus," and "The Damnation Game" in my opinion.

As for Soilwork, go get "Natural Born Chaos." Crank up song 2, you'll love it. It was on regular rotation on MTV2 for over 6 months. I don't know a metal guy who doesn't love that song.

I really dug Fear Factory on Demanufacture and Obsolete, but their newer stuff sucks. I saw Iced Earth on the "Something Wicked..." tour. They were great. Too bad they're broken up now.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Korn, Sevendust, and Static X? BLECH!!!!

I unfortunately missed the Shadows Fall, Lamb Of God, God Forbid, and Killswitch Engage show. Likewise, I missed Dimmu Borgir, Nevermore, and Children Of Bodom. However, I was at the Slayer/Hatebreed show....

As far as that crap nu-metal show goes, I would rather take the money it would cost me to buy a ticket and wipe my ass with it instead of waste it on **** bands like that....

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go get a Symphony X CD. I recommend "Divine Wings of Tragedy." If you like that CD, the next best 2 are "Twilight in Olympus," and "The Damnation Game" in my opinion.

As for Soilwork, go get "Natural Born Chaos." Crank up song 2, you'll love it. It was on regular rotation on MTV2 for over 6 months. I don't know a metal guy who doesn't love that song.

I really dug Fear Factory on Demanufacture and Obsolete, but their newer stuff sucks. I saw Iced Earth on the "Something Wicked..." tour. They were great. Too bad they're broken up now.

Wow, I didnt know that Iced Earth broke-up..... I still cannot get over the fact that Burton C. Bell decided to abruptly leave Fear Factory... Have you heard "Concrete" which was their first set of recordings that wasnt released until last year? I agree that "Digimortal" wasnt up to the high standards they achieved with both "Demanufacture" and "Obsolete"...

I noticed you're a "metal guitarist" and I generally ask every musician I encounter the following questions.... Who's your favorite guitarist of All-Time and are there any guitarist style that you emulate? Also, are you self-taught or took lessons?

Edit: I certainly wish there was a Music Forum since I talk about this subject all the time....:D

Last edited:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingLouieLouie
Wow, I didnt know that Iced Earth broke-up..... I still cannot get over the fact that Burton C. Bell decided to abruptly leave Fear Factory... Have you heard "Concrete" which was their first set of recordings that wasnt released until last year? I agree that "Digimortal" wasnt up to the high standards they achieved with both "Demanufacture" and "Obsolete"...

I noticed you're a "metal guitarist" and I generally ask every musician I encounter the following questions.... Who's your favorite guitarist of All-Time and are there any guitarist style that you emulate? Also, are you self-taught or took lessons?

Edit: I certainly wish there was a Music Forum since I talk about this subject all the time....:D

Every other Fear Factory recording I've heard pales in comparison to Demanufacture and Obsolete. They're just great albums.

As for your questions, my favorite guitarists are John Petrucci (Dream Theater), Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and Marty Friedman (Megadeth). Stanley Jordan is probably the most unique guitarist I've ever seen. Got to meet him at a show up in the Estrella mountains one time. Each of these guys has their strengths and weaknesses. Satriani's definitely the most soulful of the bunch and I really look up to his emotive playing style.

I took about 5 lessons years ago, but soon found out my "lessons" were basically jam sessions with the "teacher". I've been playing guitar for 12 years, and studied music theory for 2 years in college. My main styles are progressive metal and jazz / new age.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Iced Earth has not broken up. Matt Barlow, the vocalist, left the band. Tim "Ripper" Owens replaced him and laid down the vocal tracks for thei upcoming album, "The Glorious Burden"....

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seeds Of Hate
Iced Earth has not broken up. Matt Barlow, the vocalist, left the band. Tim "Ripper" Owens replaced him and laid down the vocal tracks for thei upcoming album, "The Glorious Burden"....

Wow, that's great news!! You see this is why we need a music forum here :) Last I heard they had broken up.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seeds Of Hate
Korn, Sevendust, and Static X? BLECH!!!!

I unfortunately missed the Shadows Fall, Lamb Of God, God Forbid, and Killswitch Engage show. Likewise, I missed Dimmu Borgir, Nevermore, and Children Of Bodom. However, I was at the Slayer/Hatebreed show....

As far as that crap nu-metal show goes, I would rather take the money it would cost me to buy a ticket and wipe my ass with it instead of waste it on **** bands like that....

You're into hardcore? The band I was in untill about 6 weeks ago sounded like Madball/Hatebreed/Agnostic Front/Sick Of It All. My ex roommates band opened for Earth Crisis and the Misfits a few years ago.

Andi, have you ever seen a band from Austin called the Applicators. Super hot 4 piece all girl punk band. Not pop punk either, these girls are super hot (all of 'em!) and rock.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every other Fear Factory recording I've heard pales in comparison to Demanufacture and Obsolete. They're just great albums.

As for your questions, my favorite guitarists are John Petrucci (Dream Theater), Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and Marty Friedman (Megadeth). Stanley Jordan is probably the most unique guitarist I've ever seen. Got to meet him at a show up in the Estrella mountains one time. Each of these guys has their strengths and weaknesses. Satriani's definitely the most soulful of the bunch and I really look up to his emotive playing style.

I took about 5 lessons years ago, but soon found out my "lessons" were basically jam sessions with the "teacher". I've been playing guitar for 12 years, and studied music theory for 2 years in college. My main styles are progressive metal and jazz / new age.

Excellent choices....Did you attend the G3'03 concert? Do you have any MP3s of your band's music online?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose