Anyone else going to the 49er game?

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
My wife and I will be there. Not sure exactly where we'll park yet, but we'll be flying our Cardinal flag high above our tailgate. If anyone sees it, feel free to stop in for a brew or two! :thumbup:

Go Cards!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be at Xmas eve festivities. FYI if you don't live in the area, it has been FREEZING in the bay area the last few weeks. Literally below freezing recently at night. So be prepared for the cold weather although I think it's supposed to warm up a bit by Sunday.

This global warming is killing me.

OP
OP
Cardinal Bob

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I've been checking the weather and it seems a bit on the cool side. What's freaking me out is the fact that it has been in the 60s in San Diego (where we'll be going to the Chargers game too). I thought it's always 80 in S.D.????

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been checking the weather and it seems a bit on the cool side. What's freaking me out is the fact that it has been in the 60s in San Diego (where we'll be going to the Chargers game too). I thought it's always 80 in S.D.????

You must be confusing San Diego with LA, which is a little warmer.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It was 31 degrees when I left for work this morning, and it's colder in SF.

But it's supposed to warm up before Sunday. Just realize Candlestick(monster park my butt) can get REAL cold, so bring blankets and warm clothes just in case.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'll be at Xmas eve festivities. FYI if you don't live in the area, it has been FREEZING in the bay area the last few weeks. Literally below freezing recently at night. So be prepared for the cold weather although I think it's supposed to warm up a bit by Sunday.

Wow is it June already?

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
I'm going!!! We live in Fresno, so it is just a couple of hours. I have no idea where we will park, because I have no idea WHERE there is to park!!!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm going!!! We live in Fresno, so it is just a couple of hours. I have no idea where we will park, because I have no idea WHERE there is to park!!!

Can't you take a trolley/cable car?

As poor a product as the Cards have put on the field the last few years they ought to provide free limo service to any Cards fans going to away games.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
Russ, does that mean you won't be going fishing over the next few days?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ, does that mean you won't be going fishing over the next few days?

Highly unlikely I'm just getting over being sick and fishing in really cold weather probably wouldn't be too good for me.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't you take a trolley/cable car?

As poor a product as the Cards have put on the field the last few years they ought to provide free limo service to any Cards fans going to away games.

Ha, free limo would be awesome. The BART line to Pleasonton goes right by the stadium. The area looks like a Middle East city post car bomb.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, free limo would be awesome. The BART line to Pleasonton goes right by the stadium. The area looks like a Middle East city post car bomb.

Right by Candlestick? Actually you have to take one of several Muni buses from a BART station to get to "Monster Park" by BART.

And yes Hunters Point is a disaster, but that's why the stadium is there, in general they always build ballparks on cheap available land and that tends to mean near bad neighborhoods. then years later everyone blames the bad neighborhood on the ballpark. That's why everytime someone tries to build a new stadium they have to defend their plan against arguments that it will cause crime and ruin the neighborhood.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Right by Candlestick? Actually you have to take one of several Muni buses from a BART station to get to "Monster Park" by BART.

And yes Hunters Point is a disaster, but that's why the stadium is there, in general they always build ballparks on cheap available land and that tends to mean near bad neighborhoods. then years later everyone blames the bad neighborhood on the ballpark. That's why everytime someone tries to build a new stadium they have to defend their plan against arguments that it will cause crime and ruin the neighborhood.

That's strange. I was always under the impression that new sports stadiums helped the neighborhood by bringing in businesses looking to make money off the fans attending the games.

And how could any area of Californis be a disaster? Isn't land there worth like a jillion dollars a square foot? Or is that the problem. Housing is so expensive nobody can afford to maintain it.

No wonder somebody from California moves to Austin or Phoenix every 30 seconds.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's strange. I was always under the impression that new sports stadiums helped the neighborhood by bringing in businesses looking to make money off the fans attending the games.

And how could any area of Californis be a disaster? Isn't land there worth like a jillion dollars a square foot? Or is that the problem. Housing is so expensive nobody can afford to maintain it.

No wonder somebody from California moves to Austin or Phoenix every 30 seconds.

Your impression is correct. But everytime someone wants to build a new stadium some activist group complains that it will ruin the neighborhood, and they then cite areas like Hunters Point or the area around the Oakland Coliseum (Bad neighborhoods) and say see, stadiums bring crime. If you actually look, the crime was already there, that's why the land was cheap in the first place.

Hunters Point is the epitome of ghetto, very run down, high crime, low job prospects, lousy public schools, big gang problems. It really does look like someone just dropped a bomb on it or something. Candlestick is in a bad area to begin with, it's right near the bay so the land is flood prone, the dirt parking lots are always mud. It's extremely windy there(one of the more popular wind surfing spots around). It creates huge backups on 101 getting there and getting home.

I used to love going to Giants games there as a kid but that was sort of a badge of courage thing, my friends and I used to have contests over who could go the longest without putting on a jacket, stupid stuff like that.

Captain Matt

Registered
Reaction score
Yes Yes Yes

Bought tickets in April and was planning on catching the last 2 games (when we were supposed to be in the thick of the playoff hunt). LOL. Even though we suck I still have the tix and will be there bleeding red.

MrY

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering going to the Charger game

1. its azz-freezing cold here in Albq

2. I semi like the Chargers

3. I can play golf at Torrey Pines

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
When my brother and I went to the game last year, we parked in an office park about a half-mile from the stadium, and it was really nice. A lot of fans cooking and throwing footballs around. A very friendly atmosphere, but this was when both teams were in the tank, as well.

I do remember that it was probably 15 degrees cooler inside Candelstick than it was outside. Russ isn't joking when he says to dress warm.

gusmahler

Registered
Reaction score
Really sucks to be me. The only weekend I'm away from the Bay Area happens to Xmas weekend, when I'll be in Phoenix. Then I was going to extend my stay in Phoenix, then drive down to San Diego for New Years. Then I find out I have a package being delievered to my house, and I can't be in San Diego.

On the bright side, the package is a 61" TV!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose