Any news ?

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Season ova - rather than checking every day - you can come back the day before preseason and get every move they made and read it in 3 minutes.

This board and NFL talk is like beating a dead horse when talking about teams that are not currently playing.

Speculating and guessing at the impact and who's right....when in fact no one knows.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards front office is busy getting to the back of the line as usual.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Season ova - rather than checking every day - you can come back the day before preseason and get every move they made and read it in 3 minutes.

This board and NFL talk is like beating a dead horse when talking about teams that are not currently playing.

Speculating and guessing at the impact and who's right....when in fact no one knows.
Says the guy... posting on the internet message board he's talking about?

You must be registered for see images attach

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
and it seems , to me , to be in the reverse order that they should be in. Draft prior to F A period makes most sense. Address in F A what could not be accomplished in draft.
The issue is these kids still being in school. There are certain players who can't even participate in rookie minicamp because they're still completing their semesters. The hypothetical goal is still to let these kids finish and graduate.

Reaction score
The issue is these kids still being in school. There are certain players who can't even participate in rookie minicamp because they're still completing their semesters. The hypothetical goal is still to let these kids finish and graduate.
Are you sure that is the issue? Or is it that so many veterans would be pushed out of jobs and they currently run the PA. They worry about themselves before the rookies that are not members yet. So many guys wouldn't get the money they get if teams had the certainty of knowing what positions/players they have in the draft.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Are you sure that is the issue? Or is it that so many veterans would be pushed out of jobs and they currently run the PA. They worry about themselves before the rookies that are not members yet. So many guys wouldn't get the money they get if teams had the certainty of knowing what positions/players they have in the draft.
I'm sure that's another factor.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Very hypothetical. Hard for me to believe this is the rationale for the order of the schedule. Originally there was a "stated" rationale that the NFL wanted to extend their exposure over a longer period of time. Business decision? Maybe. The NFL draft event has taken on a life of its own.

This, but i was addressing this from what I believe to be a front office skewed view. F A seem to get overpaid , in some opinions, and Rookie contracts come cheaper. I believe your theory that the P A likes it just the way it is. This may come up as part of the impending CBA renegotiation.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Very hypothetical. Hard for me to believe this is the rationale for the order of the schedule. Originally there was a "stated" rationale that the NFL wanted to extend their exposure over a longer period of time. Business decision? Maybe. The NFL draft event has taken on a life of its own.

This, but i was addressing this from what I believe to be a front office skewed view. F A seem to get overpaid , in some opinions, and Rookie contracts come cheaper. I believe your theory that the P A likes it just the way it is. This may come up as part of the impending CBA renegotiation.

The NFL has direct agreements with the NCAA, and that is what restricts players from declaring for the draft until they've played for three years of their eligibility. These are policies worked on together.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

.........so why are you here? Why are you here to answer this if this is how you feel about the offseason?

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy