Antonio Hamilton ahead of Marco Wilson for No. 2 CB job

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a huge surprise given how much time Wilson missed with injury.

I do like Marco he has upside but he clearly wasn't ready last year and he's behind the curve this year coming off the injury.

It is a concern but I'm honestly more concerned with the pass rush, if you have no pass rush it won't matter who is playing CB, hopefully we are better at that than I'm expecting

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it'll be Dortch assuming he makes the team but Hamilton also returned punts in college, and KO's, and was really good at it he's very athletic. I was kind of hoping he'd get a chance at that this year but seems unlikely if he's a starting CB.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don't mind this at all. Hamilton has looked ok is his small sample size form last year. It is possible that given a larger sample size he can perform better than Wilson even if it is just a little bit.
Neither he nor Wilson are starting-level CBs at this time. Wilson may develop into one. For as much as I like Hamilton, he's a #4/#5 guy. Nothing wrong with that, either. He'll see plenty of playing time there. But if he's starting, we have problems, and zero depth to boot.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lack of pass rush and CB room could make this defense all time bad imo

On the flip side, offense could be all time good.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
for Steve Keim:

i dont know how you go into a season with realistic expectations of a playoff run, $17mm in cap space, and the corner room the way it is

i understand the team had planned on Jeff Gladney --- but you have to go to plan b.

Reaction score
for Steve Keim:

i dont know how you go into a season with realistic expectations of a playoff run, $17mm in cap space, and the corner room the way it is

i understand the team had planned on Jeff Gladney --- but you have to go to plan b.

The only thing I can think of is they are planning on signing Alford at some point. He already knows the D. I don't get why it hasn't been done yet though. Maybe he wanted to skip camp? :shrug:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not a huge surprise given how much time Wilson missed with injury.

I do like Marco he has upside but he clearly wasn't ready last year and he's behind the curve this year coming off the injury.

It is a concern but I'm honestly more concerned with the pass rush, if you have no pass rush it won't matter who is playing CB, hopefully we are better at that than I'm expecting
He had such an up & down career at Florida, it's starting to look like that's gonna be the case with us? If our CB room doesn't improve, we'll have to out score teams to win. Not a good formula.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose