Another stellar draft by bluto

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
ESPN ranked rookie classes. Less than impressive. But nothing we didn’t already know.

You must be registered for see images attach

20. Arizona Cardinals

Why they're ranked here: Outside of first-round pick Isaiah Simmons, Arizona got virtually nothing out of its rookie class. Only two of the team's rookies played more than 50 snaps outside of Simmons, and neither impressed. Fourth-rounders defensive end Leki Fotu and nose tackle Rashard Lawrence were those two rookies, and both produced sub-50.0 PFF grades.

How their top pick fared: Simmons made a name for himself at Clemson as one of the most versatile defensive players college football has seen. Simmons' usage in Arizona wasn't nearly as diverse as it was with the Tigers, but he played considerably well when dropping into coverage. The No. 8 overall pick recorded a 69.9 coverage grade that ranked 19th among all off-ball linebackers. His tackling was also superb; he had just four misses on 49 total attempts

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I mean, I dislike Keim to the core & want him fired yesterday, but.....already? After 1 season with no training camp under unreal circumstances?
Seems they found reasons to prefer 19 other teams’ rookie classes and as far as I know they operated under the same circumstances, no? Combine that with what we know of bluto’s past work in the draft and . . . well . . . yeah.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I forget where I saw the article but from 2016 to current Steve Keim has the worst track record when it comes to drafting. Literally 32nd according to value from each year.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems they found reasons to prefer 19 other teams’ rookie classes and as far as I know they operated under the same circumstances, no? Combine that with what we know of bluto’s past work in the draft and . . . well . . . yeah.
It’s still early for them, too. Just odd already writing off a class after just their rookie year to me. I’d be in agreement if the results stay the same after next season.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Found it. It’s Patriot based but he’s got his own formula:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forget where I saw the article but from 2016 to current Steve Keim has the worst track record when it comes to drafting. Literally 32nd according to value from each year.

sweet.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s still early for them, too. Just odd already writing off a class after just their rookie year to me. I’d be in agreement if the results stay the same after next season.
Oh, I agree. Usually need three years to fully judge the value of a class. But it doesn’t mean you can’t judge them each year before you view the aggregate. I mean, last did count. And by and large the class was close to meaningless. That’s just facts.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
in fairness

2nd rounder was spent on Deandre Hopkins

3rd rounder was Josh Jones, OT --who didnt play because Kelvin Beachum was respectable

if Josh Jones plays like Beachum next year, the rating goes way up
Yea agreed. But it doesn’t change this past season. Josh jones did nothing in practice or games to unseat a largely average OT. So we got little from him and little insight into what he might be.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Appreciate the info and discussion but it is possible for us to eliminate the slurs (see title of thread) moving forward?
Our own head coach was calling our own player "Knee Deep" 5 years ago, and comparing our GM to a film character is too much?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The scouting staff and what they spend on scouting has alot to do with it. Keim gets his input from the scouts.

I remember Graves saying he rarely watched the tape of players.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The scouting staff and what they spend on scouting has alot to do with it. Keim gets his input from the scouts.

I remember Graves saying he rarely watched the tape of players.

This is what I have been saying about the Suns for a lot of years as well. Invest more money in scouting. It's cheaper in the long run than spending it on failed draft picks.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yea agreed. But it doesn’t change this past season. Josh jones did nothing in practice or games to unseat a largely average OT. So we got little from him and little insight into what he might be.

An average vet tackle is hard for any rookie to beat out!

Beachum started the year quite well, but by the end was playing a bit below average.

Jones played quite a few snaps as a tackle eligible too, which means the team did have some level of confidence in him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose