Another "Fire Sale" Pick Coming Back to Haunt Us?

HooverDam

Reaction score
Youre really worried about Serge Ibaka coming back to bite the Suns in the butt based on a 2 year old NBA Draft.net profile?

OP
OP
krazyasiankid

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
Youre really worried about Serge Ibaka coming back to bite the Suns in the butt based on a 2 year old NBA Draft.net profile?

he did well in te pre-season game... Well... I dont know lol. Im just a bit paranoid after all the trades involving our draft picks.. they always come back to haunt us..

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
If you want to worry about a draft pick biting us in the ass look who San Antonio grabbed with the 2nd round pick we gave them last year in the Dragic move.

(hint dejuan blair)

OP
OP
krazyasiankid

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
If you want to worry about a draft pick biting us in the ass look who San Antonio grabbed with the 2nd round pick we gave them last year in the Dragic move.

(hint dejuan blair)

WTF. THAT PICK WAS OURS???!!!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I just assumed it was their own. ..... ..... ..... (sigh) i give up

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
Maybe some people are too free with their advice about what others should do.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Youre walking on egg shells on the suns board now days. Remember my 12 pgs thread? YIKES!

asudevil83

Reaction score

(hint dejuan blair)

lol...i'm much more worried about blair unfortunately.

16/19 in his first preseason game.....in only 22 mins
28/4/4 w/2 steals in his third.....in only 26 mins

both coming off the bench. granted its preseason i know i know....but you cannot say this kid does not have potential.

i remember Doug and Wolfe pimping this kid around draft time. i just wanted them to ****....oh well

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I had no doubt he was going to be a legit nba player but the drama about his knee longevity was the dealbreaker imo.

Spurs were smart, pay him and let him play like hell til they blow up.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Forget about Ibaka...

Taking Lopez over DeAndre Jordan, or rather letting someone else pick Jordan in the 2nd round last year and Dejuan Blair in the 2nd round this year.

Thats some big time mistakes... Jordan was the young, athletic and talented 7'+ project that we desperately needed. How you can fail to identify him as a target is beyond me.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
lol...i'm much more worried about blair unfortunately.

16/19 in his first preseason game.....in only 22 mins
28/4/4 w/2 steals in his third.....in only 26 mins

both coming off the bench. granted its preseason i know i know....but you cannot say this kid does not have potential.

i remember Doug and Wolfe pimping this kid around draft time. i just wanted them to ****....oh well
Another double-double for Blair yesterday. To think we gave that pick up for the privilege of moving up three spots in the second round to draft Dragic. I actually had Blair in my top 3 I wanted the Suns to draft along with James Johnson and Clark.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I didnt rate Blair highly but I was sure worst case he would be a servicable player a la Danny Fortson. Thats good enough top be a #18-25 pick and when someone like that drops into the 2nd round, in the middle of the second round.. it is a no-brainer to pick him up because that is safe value right there wether he fits into your style or not.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
DeJuan Blair
Scouting Report: A beast in the paint.
Strengths: Huge wingspan - 7’2”. Very physical and strong player. Clears a lot of space out in the paint, both on offense and defense. Uses his strength and long arms to score over taller defenders. Good hook shot. Fantastic rebounder - snatches rebounds with two hands. Overpowers defenders in the post. Variety of low-post moves with both hands. Very good footwork. Capable of dominating a game.
http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/dejuan-blair-nba-draft-profile-165713
He wouldn't have fit in here i'm afraid:rolleyes:.
Supposedly needs work defensively(according to linked scouting report) but he'll figure it out playing in S.A. i'm sure.
(sigh)

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wanted blair with our 1st round pick, but oh well........
Here's more on Blair and his injury
In the big man division, no prospect dropped farther and harder Thursday night than DeJuan Blair. Projected as a certain first-rounder and as the seventh best player in the 2009 draft class according to John Hollinger's Draft Rater, Blair was a brute force at Pittsburgh with 15.7 points and 12.3 rebounds a game, along with a rugged brand of defense. At the combines, Blair's wingspan measured at a eye-popping 7-foot-2.
What caused Blair to slip to the seventh pick of the second round? Concerns about his knees. In high school, Blair tore both of his ACLs and had them surgically repaired. Blair's scar tissue essentially got re-absorbed by his body and the result left Blair with essentially no ACLs.
Although he's suffered no adverse effects ever since, Blair's is an unprecedented injury and one that scared off a slew of NBA executives. Though Blair literally has no ACL to tear, some team physicians feel that Blair could eventually develop a nagging issue that could eventually wear him down.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/6635/the-upside-of-falling-down

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
who cares? He dropped to the middle of the second round, it doesnt matter if he wears down.

It's the same with Buddinger btw, who I was certain would be at least a good roleplayer and he seems to be just like that from what I can tell based on his pre-season play.

Those were 2 cheap to get role players for now and the future and we missed out on both.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
THx for posting this. I didn't know the history of his knees,thats actually pretty fascinating....definately a risk but I still say he'll turn out to be a gift to the Sterns as a 2nd rd pick.
The Spurs were the one team that I didn't want him to end up on.

btw....If it's any consolation the Bulls passed on him two times.

buttsR4rebounding

Registered
Reaction score
The Spurs signed him to a 4 year deal at just under $1 million per year w/ the 4th year being a team option. That will be a great value I think.