Anniversary Restaurant Recommendation

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
My wife and I are celebrating a major anniversary this year. Could anyone recommend a great restaurant? A view would be nice but we really want great food with a great atmosphere. I want it to be special.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
My wife and I are celebrating a major anniversary this year. Could anyone recommend a great restaurant? A view would be nice but we really want great food with a great atmosphere. I want it to be special.

Where to start!! Metro Phoenix has truly become a legit, nationally recognized foodie destination.

Here are some AMAZING places, all that offer AMAZING food, in no particular order:

- Steak 44
- Elements
- Fat Ox
- Tratto
- Sel
- Ocean 44
- Cafe Pinot
- Talavera
- Citizen Public House
- The Mission
- Cafe Monarch
- Pomelo at The Orchard
- Mora Italian
- Kai Restaurant
- T Cook’s
- Lon’s at The Hermosa Inn
- Tarbell’s
- The Gladly

Really can’t go wrong with any of them! Good luck and congrats on the big event!! [emoji106]

OP
OP
AZ Native

AZ Native

Reaction score
Great post 82. I was looking at Kai and Steak 44 at the top of my choices. Have you ever been to Different Pointe of View at Point Hilton Tapatio Cliffs? The views seem to be amazing but I wonder if you have ever been there. Thanks again.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Tapatio has a good view, you could aim higher for the food

Steak 44 is fine, but maybe a little overhauled IMO

Gladly and CPH are sister restaurants and I go to both frequently. Gladly can get loud and not particularly intimate. CPH has a nicer environment, but really no view. Great happy hour place - one of my favorites.

Went to Kai years ago. Not sure what it's like today, but the service was incredible and food was really good.

If you are looking for ambience and a view you can't go wrong with Elements. Not sure if there is a better one. Could them scurry over to El Chorro Lodge to sit on their patio for a drink

Speaking of outside I'm a sucker for Lons.

Really a lot of options beyond this.

Bourbon Steak and the old Camelback Inn stand out as the only major disappointments

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Great post 82. I was looking at Kai and Steak 44 at the top of my choices. Have you ever been to Different Pointe of View at Point Hilton Tapatio Cliffs? The views seem to be amazing but I wonder if you have ever been there. Thanks again.

Never been but I hear the views are tremendous.
Elements is always rated as the #1 most romantic sunset in the valley. My wife and I have been there twice for anniversaries and it’s truly exceptional.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
elements at Sanctuary. Case closed.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you ever been to Different Pointe of View at Point Hilton Tapatio Cliffs? The views seem to be amazing but I wonder if you have ever been there. Thanks again.
My company has our Christmas party there every year. It has a spectacular view and is very romantic. The food at other places is better, but the ambiance is pretty solid.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
My company has our Christmas party there every year. It has a spectacular view and is very romantic. The food at other places is better, but the ambiance is pretty solid.
I havent been up to the Tapatio Cliffs in a few years but I remember it being very dated (need of a remodel) and the food was overpriced for what they served you.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sedona has restaurants with great views. The point at south mountain has rustlers roost with great views but I wouldn't call it a place for a special engagement.

I suggest a picnic on the edge of the Mogollon rim.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone eaten at the Salt Cellar in South Scottsdale?

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would add

Salt cellar
Geordies at Wrigley mansion

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Has anyone eaten at the Salt Cellar in South Scottsdale?

It's been a while. I have enjoyed my visits though. Back then I would say it could have used a refresh, but wasn't a bad environment by any means. Food was good and the place is kind of fun

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I will add that the Taco Bell on Seventh Avenue and Indian School tends to run out of black beans, so that might not be your top choice.

You’re welcome. :mrgreen:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will add that the Taco Bell on Seventh Avenue and Indian School tends to run out of black beans, so that might not be your top choice.

You’re welcome. :mrgreen:

Capital advice from Sir Varnsen of the Buckingham Trailer Park Varnsens. :burgerking:

OP
OP
AZ Native

AZ Native

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you who responded. I'm am not sure where we are gong but I think I have a list of restaurants for other occasions . Thanks to all that posted, Except Kel, lol. Humor is good.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In n Out. Satisfies the hunger and described the nights next activity :devil:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you were in South Jersey I would have recommended a restaurant called the Franklinville Inn. It's one of my most favorite restaurants to eat at. It's an old stage coach stop with that colonial feeling, great food, good atmosphere, great staff. It's between a 4-5 star restaurant. Or Carmines in NYC. There's a Carmine's in Vegas.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave