android and google messages

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
soooo,

I have a galaxy s21 or whatever on Verizon, service is great, ever since google updated messaging though....at least once a week if not more, I have blocks of time where texting is completely broken. wont load. wont send. says chat is offline. etc. I have even turned off chat features to switch back to regular SMS and it still happens. Is this happening to anyone else?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
soooo,

I have a galaxy s21 or whatever on Verizon, service is great, ever since google updated messaging though....at least once a week if not more, I have blocks of time where texting is completely broken. wont load. wont send. says chat is offline. etc. I have even turned off chat features to switch back to regular SMS and it still happens. Is this happening to anyone else?

My wife seems to be having similar problems with her Pixel 6 on T-Mobile. I have the same exact phone, purchased at the same time, and I don't seem to be having the problem. I've asked her to contact her rep, but she hasn't gotten around to it. If I hear anything, I'll follow up.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife seems to be having similar problems with her Pixel 6 on T-Mobile. I have the same exact phone, purchased at the same time, and I don't seem to be having the problem. I've asked her to contact her rep, but she hasn't gotten around to it. If I hear anything, I'll follow up.
I figure it's the new rcs Android and widespread but Google searches feel otherwise

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
soooo,

I have the S21 Ultra and I switched to Google Messages last year. It seems that the CHAT feature was screwing things up for me, so I disabled it.

My fiancée has the Pixel 6 and she has a problem with her texts as well. She'll check the phone before going to bed - no texts, then the next morning, she'll have several from her sons or other people. Strange that it does this.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think my wife said she would have no texts, restart her phone, then a bunch would appear. Pretty annoying.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the S21 Ultra and I switched to Google Messages last year. It seems that the CHAT feature was screwing things up for me, so I disabled it.

My fiancée has the Pixel 6 and she has a problem with her texts as well. She'll check the phone before going to bed - no texts, then the next morning, she'll have several from her sons or other people. Strange that it does this.
so, I turned off chat features like 3 days ago and thought that fixed it but then today, what do you know, all the problems came back for about 15-30 minutes while I was being texted. So, I have determined that chat features are not the problem. It happens on my ladies same phone as well.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have S21 also. Same problems. I was using Textra, then switched back to native app M+. Didn't fix it. Takes like 5 minutes to send mms to multiple people on thread and even worse if I send picture. Wifi calling doesn't work either. Incoming calls work but when I try to call out it won't connect.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pixel got a pretty substantial update recently and the issue seems to be gone. I'll keep an eye on the wife's phone, but our texts to each other are working fine at the moment.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I have a solution to this but I might have to move the thread to P&R. ;)

PS. I write iOS software for my day job.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a solution to this but I might have to move the thread to P&R. ;)

PS. I write iOS software for my day job.
It's quite comical when I run into messaging problems with a mega platform like Android. It's a pretty base function that should be as flawless as possible.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pixel got a pretty substantial update recently and the issue seems to be gone. I'll keep an eye on the wife's phone, but our texts to each other are working fine at the moment.

That's what happened to me. I get all my texts at work from wifi anyways we have terrible cell reception.

But I have noticed in the last few weeks it works better after the upgrade.

But I would be in situations where I had cell reception and had no texts, then go inside where I have wifi and several texts would appear. Same with sent texts.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave