Andrew Bynum

Reaction score
The Cleveland Cavaliers suspended center Andrew Bynum indefinitely Saturday for conduct detrimental to the team.

In addition, the Cavs will begin aggressively looking to trade Bynum, sources told ESPN.com.

This being said we know he is a head case who has worn out his welcome with 3 teams but has tremendous talent. He is showing he can play. We do have an excellent training staff. Is he worth the risk if we could trade Frey and Indiana's pick. He has a partially guaranteed contract. HE could come here and be great or be a bust. IF he is a bust they can let him go. Sounds like they can buy low

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude doesn't love basketball and is incredibly injury prone. no way.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Cleveland Cavaliers suspended center Andrew Bynum indefinitely Saturday for conduct detrimental to the team.

In addition, the Cavs will begin aggressively looking to trade Bynum, sources told ESPN.com.

This being said we know he is a head case who has worn out his welcome with 3 teams but has tremendous talent. He is showing he can play. We do have an excellent training staff. Is he worth the risk if we could trade Frey and Indiana's pick. He has a partially guaranteed contract. HE could come here and be great or be a bust. IF he is a bust they can let him go. Sounds like they can buy low

No, PHX needs to stay away from this guy. He doesn't want to play basketball anymore and is just collecting pay checks. According to SI, he doesn't want to practice, has no desire to play and almost quit on CLE earlier in the year. Guy just wants to live the life without earning his paycheck on the court. He is selfish, injury prone and has no heart. His cancerous attitude would destroy the chemistry this young and talented team has.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Plumlee I'll give you. Jury's out on Len's health. See Andrew Bynum for proof of big men with health problems = long term disaster.

Still, I would invest in Len over Bynum. We already KNOW Bynum is a disaster, the jury is still out on Len, and at least he has shown no signs of being a head case.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I agree with what everyone is saying, but I'm shocked by his age. He's only 1 year older than Miles Plumlee!

If he weren't such a head case I wouldn't mind giving him a go; if anyone has a chance of salvaging his health it'd be the fabled Suns training staff.

Too bad I wouldn't trust him anywhere near the young guys the Suns have on the team.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He just has bad knees and he knows it. Wasn't there an article out there about him doubting his physical condition, in regards to his explosiveness not returning.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Pfft... The guy had become insanely rich simply for being born tall. He's never cared about the game.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
He just has bad knees and he knows it. Wasn't there an article out there about him doubting his physical condition, in regards to his explosiveness not returning.

"I’m not able to do the things I used to be able to do and it’s frustrating, he said. Later, he said, "At the moment, it’s tough to enjoy the game because of how limited I am physically. I’m still sort of working through that. ... My health is my concern. My knees are my knees. They’re not going to get better, they are what they are. That’s really it. ... I feel like I can still be a double-double guy in this league, but it’s just going to take some modifications to my game and whether or not I want to accept the challenge and do that.''

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Looks pretty overwhelming. The moral of the story he has worn out his welcome with 3 teams in a year but he keeps getting big paychecks. IF he was not a head case I think he would be worth taking a chance on but it sounds like Cleveland is ready to waive him if they cant trade him

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello no. Don't care if he comes free, I don't want the Suns to touch him with a ten-foot pole.

Seriously? A ten-foot pole? You don't want to play Whack-a-Bynum? I'd put a few quarters into that game.

Steve

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All the guy had to do was make it until the end of January for his contract to become guaranteed and he couldnt handle that. He is a cancer, he is overrated (even when healthy the guy has been a mess in the playoffs), he is a thug, he does not seem to even enjoy the game and he cannot stay healthy.

He is near the bottom of my list in terms of people I'd ever want to see here.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the guy had to do was make it until the end of January for his contract to become guaranteed and he couldnt handle that. He is a cancer, he is overrated (even when healthy the guy has been a mess in the playoffs), he is a thug, he does not seem to even enjoy the game and he cannot stay healthy.

He is near the bottom of my list in terms of people I'd ever want to see here.

Not for me. I actually call mine The Andrew Bynum list so he's right there in the title.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously, would anyone want Bynum for the Suns? After the Beasley experiment, I only want the Suns to go after solid players.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bynum's Workouts Have Suggested He Remains Interested In Extending Career

Andrew Bynum has mentioned he is unsure of how much longer he wants to play because of lingering pain in his knees.

But Bynum has been highly engaged in workouts and rehab after signing with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Bynum lost more than 25 pounds and worked hard on improving his stamina.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10205361/next-step-andrew-bynum

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson