Amsterdam

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is a pretty polarizing film but there was some pretty good stuff in it.

Not a perfect film but enjoyable enough. Acting is amazing with a cast that might be the best ensemble ever created. Or at least top 5.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I very much enjoyed this one. Definitely not a normal, standard movie. Some great social commentary and solid normalization of disability, with heart and good comedic beats.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought this was outstanding, just saw it on Friday.

It was also very timely. I thought the speech by Robert DeNiro's character had some truth in it for our time and what we have been going through.

Didn't realize until the end that it was based upon a controversial political event, or alleged event, depending upon your viewpoint, from the 1930's. One that I was not even aware of until I saw the movie and did a bit of reading here about the "Business Plot". Pretty interesting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Just saw this on HBO and thought it was fantastic. The story got a bit convoluted at times, but the trio of Bale, Robbie, and Washington made it all worth it. Definitely has some American Hustle vibes to it. Critics were dumb for giving this movie mediocre reviews.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, what a wandering mess. Kinda interesting, some solid performances, but felt like David O’Russell trying to make a Coen Bros-esque screwball mystery while seriously struggling to find the pace and tempo that makes their classics snap, crackle and pop.

Also, Christian Bale’s in an entirely different movie than everyone else in this one.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose