America and the Bible.

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by ajcardfan, May 29, 2018.

1. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

Hey. Look, I am not a formally trained Bible scholar. I was raised Catholic, went to Lutheran and Presbyterian churches and a whole bunch of Community and Evangelical churches. I read the Bible 5 times, cover to cover, in a year. Have long gone to Bible studies. So, this is a sincere opinion based on my own readings and thought. Now, when I do go to church I go to Catholic as my wife is Polish and I was raised Catholic. Please don't turn this thread into a lecture of sins by the Catholic church. I know full well, how flawed and ****** up they are.

Anyhow, I was thinking about how "Christians" in America are so mean to people with brown skin. Separating families. Being okay with unarmed citizens being gunned down by cops. The deification of wealth and fame. SO antithesis to the Bible. each and every thing.

If Jesus came into this time to Phoenix, rather than Israel in 00 AD, do you know where he would be? He would certainly be on Van Buren, hanging out with addicts and hookers. And, many "bible-based" churches would excoriate him for it.

We are hypocrites as a Nation. He will spit us out, as it says in Revelation. Our so called "Christian Values" are a frigging fraud.

Revelation 3:16-18

Absolute Zero likes this.
  2. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

Today's Christians have become yesterday's Pharisees.

LVG and Absolute Zero like this.
  3. Town Drunk

Town Drunk Longest serving ASFN lurker

Meanwhile, Franklin Graham is on a tour of California cities, urging people to vote for republicans in the state because they’re the most aligned with god.

4. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

Lol, Donny boy's “spiritual advisor” (which must be like being Paula Deen’s dietician) says no way was Jesus a filthy illegal immigrant, and if he were we’d have separated him from his dad even if his dad WAS God.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump spiritual adviser: Jesus would have been sinful if he broke immigration laws

President Trump's spiritual adviser Paula White said this week that Jesus would have been sinful and “would not have been our Messiah” if he had broken immigration laws.

White, who recently toured an immigrant detention center in Virginia, said during an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) on Monday that there was a difference between the immigrants being detained for illegally entering the U.S. and Jesus being a refugee in Egypt.

The Gospel of Matthew describes Jesus and his parents Mary and Joseph fleeing to Egypt shortly after Jesus’s birth to escape King Herod, who sought to kill the infant.

"I think so many people have taken biblical scriptures out of context on this, to say stuff like, 'Well, Jesus was a refugee,’ ” White told CBN. “And yes, he did live in Egypt for 3 1/2 years. But it was not illegal. If he had broke the law then he would have been sinful and he would not have been our Messiah."

The Hill has reached out to the White House and White for comment.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...iser-jesus-would-have-been-sinful-if-he-broke

5. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

Linderbee likes this.
  6. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

That is an excellent article and puts the Bible in proper context with faith. Knowledge of the Bible is not holiness. David Koresh knew the Bible so well that if you cited a book, chapter and verse, he could recite it correctly from .memory . And he was evil.

82CardsGrad likes this.
  7. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

82CardsGrad likes this.