Amber Heard vs. Johnny Depp

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jury finds in favor of Depp unanimously. Awards him 15 million in damages.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So my ex-wife, who was in an abusive relationship with her previous husband, actually believes that Amber was definitely abused. She thinks it's a miscarriage of justice.

I myself don't have enough information, but Johnny Depp is no saint, that's for sure.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my ex-wife, who was in an abusive relationship with her previous husband, actually believes that Amber was definitely abused. She thinks it's a miscarriage of justice.

I myself don't have enough information, but Johnny Depp is no saint, that's for sure.
He is not. However, I have been talking to an abuse victim during this entire trial. She is 100% convinced Amber is a liar and the evidence in the trial backed that up. She said it's killing her that people like Amber are actually hurting real abuse victims like her. She is recently coming out of a really abusive relationship. She mentioned so much of her demeanor and actions don't mesh with how she reacted and actions she took.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

i pretty much came to the conclusion that they are both kinda sh**y people.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He is not. However, I have been talking to an abuse victim during this entire trial. She is 100% convinced Amber is a liar and the evidence in the trial backed that up. She said it's killing her that people like Amber are actually hurting real abuse victims like her. She is recently coming out of a really abusive relationship. She mentioned so much of her demeanor and actions don't mesh with how she reacted and actions she took.

Lying about what? And what evidence? Most of the evidence supported her story. His was all hearsay. He’s never touched a woman in anger? Come on.

I’m not saying I agree with Amber Heard, I just think the Court of Public Opinion determined this and not the actual justice system.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lying about what? And what evidence? Most of the evidence supported her story. His was all hearsay. He’s never touched a woman in anger? Come on.

I’m not saying I agree with Amber Heard, I just think the Court of Public Opinion determined this and not the actual justice system.
No most of the evidence did not. The police said they found no evidence in multiple calls. There was no prosecutorial evidence which is why he was never charged. Forensic experts say that one of the photos she submitted as evidence was clearly doctored. She lied about covering her bruises up with this make up kit. The manufacturer said she lied because that kit didn't exist when she claims she used it. Her testimony on multiple occasions changed or didn't mesh with previous versions. She contradicted herself multiple times. None of his previous relationships with women demonstrated any like behavior. Not one other person came forward.

Abusers don't pick and choose who they abuse. There is a pattern. Having an abusive father I can testify how true that is.

I really have no clue what trial you were watching. As I stated, my friend was watching the entire trial and said her testimony was pathetic in her eyes and insincere. As someone who was just in a physically abusive relationship I value her opinion on what she says she watched (the entire trial).

Johny is a drug abuser and I am sure no saint. Amber's story doesn't hold water and a jury of their peers agrees.

Last edited:

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No most of the evidence did not. The police said they found no evidence in multiple calls. There was no prosecutorial evidence which is why he was never charged. Forensic experts say that one of the photos she submitted as evidence was clearly doctored. Her testimony on multiple occasions changed or didn't mesh with previous versions. She contradicted herself multiple times. None of his previous relationships with women demonstrated any like behavior. Not one other person came forward.

Abusers don't pick and choose who they abuse. There is a pattern. Having an abusive father I can testify how true that is.

I really have no clue what trial you were watching. As I stated, my friend was watching the entire trial and said her testimony was pathetic in her eyes and insincere.

Johny is a drug abuser and I am sure no saint. Amber's story doesn't hold water and a jury of their peers agrees.
I particularly like the tissue weeping photo op pause that she did. :biglaugh:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
She’s definitely over the top and likely an abuser herself, but that doesn’t absolve Johnny of it.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She’s definitely over the top and likely an abuser herself, but that doesn’t absolve Johnny of it.
And that may be part of it - the jury wasn't convinced who was abusing who, or if they both were.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is one example. Amber said these two photos were taken at different times under different light. It doesn't take a genius to see these are the exact same photos (one doctored). Look at the hair line. Anybody that has EVER taken photos or taken a photo/video class can tell you it's IMPOSSIBLE for the hair lines to be exact. Every hair is in the same place. Every single one. She clearly lied on the stand saying that they were not the same picture.

There were a ton of things like this throughout the trial. Even her story about how she didn't leak anything to TMZ but within 15 minutes of receiving the video it was uploaded. TMZ employee admitted that when they upload videos, they do so only knowing who owns the copyright (confirming she leaked the video) which she lied about.

Her story and her sisters story didn't mesh. They contradicted each other. There is a laundry list of things that didn't mesh. Now they are talking about how she could face perjury charges.

You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and to be clear. That doesn't man that Johnny wasn't verbally abusive to her at times. It appears they had a toxic relationship. However, none of the evidence authorities had seen backed up her claim of physical abuse. Between the recordings and his injuries the opposite appears to be true. She lied multiple times in court and was caught. She had an agenda. It was obvious. It's extremely rare for a jury to find that that someone proved "all elements" of defamation. Which means there were more holes in her story than Swiss cheese.

Hopefully, they both can move on but I am glad there are some consequences for her lying. She did a great injustice to real physical abuse victims.

Last edited:

JerkFace

Reaction score
Here is one example. Amber said these two photos were taken at different times under different light. It doesn't take a genius to see these are the exact same photos (one doctored). Look at the hair line. Anybody that has EVER taken photos or taken a photo/video class can tell you it's IMPOSSIBLE for the hair lines to be exact. Every hair is in the same place. Every single one. She clearly lied on the stand saying that they were not the same picture.

There were a ton of things like this throughout the trial. Even her story about how she didn't leak anything to TMZ but within 15 minutes of receiving the video it was uploaded. TMZ employee admitted that when they upload videos, they do so only knowing who owns the copyright (confirming she leaked the video) which she lied about.

Her story and her sisters story didn't mesh. They contradicted each other. There is a laundry list of things that didn't mesh. Now they are talking about how she could face perjury charges.

You must be registered for see images attach
Is it just me or does it still look like she has a bruise in the ”unaltered“ photo? The color is definitely enhanced in the other photo but the bruise seems to be more enhanced than added. A few months ago I got a wicked bruise that I was trying to show a friend. The camera wasn’t picking it up very well so I adjusted the brightness contrast/etc to better illustrate how it looked. Kinda seems like this is what she did but to even a greater degree. That doesn’t mean there wasn’t a light bruise there to start with though. But like I said in an earlier post, I think they are both most likely sh***y people.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it still look like she has a bruise in the ”unaltered“ photo? The color is definitely enhanced in the other photo but the bruise seems to be more enhanced than added. A few months ago I got a wicked bruise that I was trying to show a friend. The camera wasn’t picking it up very well so I adjusted the brightness contrast/etc to better illustrate how it looked. Kinda seems like this is what she did but to even a greater degree. That doesn’t mean there wasn’t a light bruise there to start with though. But like I said in an earlier post, I think they are both most likely sh***y people.
If you look at her other cheek it just looks like makeup. You don't have a good angle of the other cheek but the colors match. Again though, it doesn't explain why she lied and said those were two different videos taken at completely different times unless there was an attempt to doctor. Unless you doctored, her lying about it made zero sense. It's so obvious it's the same photo. There is a video out there was someone took both photos and overlayed them in real time and they perfectly match.

P.S. I believe many entertainers are ****** people. I have met a bunch. There are nice ones too but I am gave up being surprised either way a long time ago.

JerkFace

Reaction score
If you look at her other cheek it just looks like makeup. You don't have a good angle of the other cheek but the colors match. Again though, it doesn't explain why she lied and said those were two different videos taken at completely different times unless there was an attempt to doctor. Unless you doctored, her lying about it made zero sense. It's so obvious it's the same photo. There is a video out there was someone took both photos and overlayed them in real time and they perfectly match.

P.S. I believe many entertainers are ****** people. I have met a bunch. There are nice ones too but I am gave up being surprised either way a long time ago.
I’m far from an expert. Generally in these situations I just trust the courts. They arent 100% right, but I think they get it right most of the time.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Honestly, I only saw evidence that Heard physically abused him.

And I #believewomen , you'll see that I consistently practice that stance. The recording of Amber Heard minimizing hitting Johnny Depp was the most telling piece of evidence I saw during the trial....or the incident where she threw a bottle at his hand and severed his finger tip. Consistently, I saw Heard's claims fall apart, and when so many claims fall apart, you have to question the entirety of her story.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m far from an expert. Generally in these situations I just trust the courts. They arent 100% right, but I think they get it right most of the time.
Yep. I mean everyone from the police to other experts all came down on Johnny's side. So, it wasn't just the jury. Her case fell apart because it appeared to be mostly manufactured.

Generally speaking I always side with women. My mother, my brothers, my family and a couple friends over the years have faced similar situations. This is the first time ever I have not sided with the accuser but this also wasn't normal. Her case was full of lies, contradictions and non-supporting evidence.

Men are abuse victims too which gets overlooked and dismissed. Men are shamed into not admitting to it and coming forward because of their "man card". Someone like Amber took advantage of the situation and in the process hurt real physical abuse victims.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Defamation is really hard to win in civil court, so I am surprised by the outcome. He definitely already won court of public opinion.
Exactly which show how flimsy her case was. Getting a jury to side with you on "all elements" of defamation almost never happens. Some damage is irreversible though. Even in this thread you will see regardless of no evidence to prosecute him and a civil court trial in his favor (which are the only recourse a falsely accused person has) there will ALWAYS be people who will never believe him.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Anyone know what count(s) he was found liable on? Seems odd to conclude that they defamed each other.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you even see what the defamation was? What she said and why he was suing her?
I did. Did you watch the end of the trial where the judge read line for line the questions asked to the jury? If not, I recommend listen to all the questions the judge covered. The Jury clearly said Amber defamed him. The Jury clearly said they felt she manufactured and lied and her statements were false.

It doesn't get more cut and dry then that. Defamation on all elements never happens for that reason.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what count(s) he was found liable on? Seems odd to conclude that they defamed each other.
Well one of Johnny's ex-lawyers made a statement after he stopped representing Johhny which is technically defamation. That's why she won that portion. The ruling was against the legal team. Not anything Johnny said.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you even see what the defamation was? What she said and why he was suing her?
Here you go. This is what the Jury was instructed to base the decision on. Here are some of the answers. Seems pretty cut and dry and why her case had to be the flimsiest of flimsy to get the jury to find for him on "all elements" which almost never happens. Jury instructions on this are strict.

Question: (Statement regarding Op-ed accusations.) The statement was false. Jury: Yes.
Question: The statement has a defamatory (false) accusation about Mr. Depp. Jury: Yes.
Question: The defamatory statement was DESIGNED and INTENDED by Ms. Heard. Jury: Yes.
Question: Do you find that Mr. Depp has proven by clear and convincing evidence That Ms. Heard acted with actual malice: Jury: Yes.
Question: Do you find the Mr. Depp has proven all the elements of Defamation: Jury: Yes.
Question: Has Mr. Depp proven by a greater weight of evidence regarding the statements made by Ms. Heard. Jury: Yes.
Question: Statements (by Heard) were false? Jury: Yes.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Here you go. This is what the Jury was instructed to base the decision on. Here are some of the answers. Seems pretty cut and dry and why her case had to be the flimsiest of flimsy to get the jury to find for him on "all elements" which almost never happens. Jury instructions on this are strict.

Question: (Statement regarding Op-ed accusations.) The statement was false. Jury: Yes.
Question: The statement has a defamatory (false) accusation about Mr. Depp. Jury: Yes.
Question: The defamatory statement was DESIGNED and INTENDED by Ms. Heard. Jury: Yes.
Question: Do you find that Mr. Depp has proven by clear and convincing evidence That Ms. Heard acted with actual malice: Jury: Yes.
Question: Do you find the Mr. Depp has proven all the elements of Defamation: Jury: Yes.
Question: Has Mr. Depp proven by a greater weight of evidence regarding the statements made by Ms. Heard. Jury: Yes.
Question: Statements (by Heard) were false? Jury: Yes.
Fine, forget it. You win. You can continue to post books on this. I won't be responding.