Amare to play tonight

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
http://sports.ktar.com/?nid=21&sid=642482

MIAMI - Phoenix center Amare Stoudemire's sore right knee is much better, and he was available to play in Friday night's game against the winless Miami Heat.
Stoudemire said he felt no pain during the team's morning shootaround in Miami.

``I think he'll start. He should,'' Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said. ``It was just a matter of time. Now it's just getting our team together and getting a little bit better, so it's good to have him back.''

Stoudemire, who had arthroscopic surgery on the knee last month to remove a loose particle, sat out Phoenix's previous three games. The Suns went 2-1 in those contests.

``I feel good. Felt great. Today's one of my better days,'' Stoudemire said after Friday's brief workout.

He had 23 points and 11 rebounds in Phoenix's season-opening win against Seattle, but was largely ineffective the next night in a loss to the Los Angeles Lakers, finishing with seven points on 2-for-10 shooting and one rebound in 24 minutes.

Stoudemire hasn't played since.

The two-time All-Star played in only three games of the 2005-06 season because of microfracture surgery on his left knee. He returned strongly last year, playing in all 82 regular-season games and averaging 20.4 points and a career-high 9.6 rebounds. Stoudemire also shot 57.5 percent last year, another career best.
Stoudemire had surgery on the right knee once previously, also to remove some debris.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Play tonight, sit out tomorrow night. Don't play another back to back.

OP
OP
Rab

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I wish he'd sit the rest of the roadie, and give it a go next when they come home if he's still feeling good.

I hate that he's just going to go because he feels good now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Today's one of my better days".

That sentence makes me a little queasy.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree DCR he should not play back to backs until they know for SURE that he is completely healthy from the latest scope job.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"Today's one of my better days".

That sentence makes me a little queasy.

Actually in a weird way it makes me fell a little better. Because that is the same way he was talking last year during training camp, every other day he was feeling great or not sure if he was ever going to play again. And that was on a micro-fractured knee.

This leads me to believe he just has to mentally get over the hurdle on this one, which is just a scoped knee.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This leads me to believe he just has to mentally get over the hurdle on this one, which is just a scoped knee.

Here we go....Sounds like JC all over again. We know where that lead dont we?

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
eh, i'd rather him sit out tonight and play tomorrow for sure. we can usually run the heat outta the gym. amare vs. dwight is always fun.

nowagimp

Reaction score
eh, i'd rather him sit out tonight and play tomorrow for sure. we can usually run the heat outta the gym. amare vs. dwight is always fun.

Actually I'd rather he didnt play against dwight now, his competitive nature might lead him to push too hard. Dwight also has his sights on amare as amare has outplayed him in the past for all to see. I think Dwight would be looking to play physical with amare, to test his strength right away. With shaq, amare may be able to "out quick" him even with a tender knee. I also agree that amare should only play maybe 2 games a week, no back to backs for a little while(month?) to give him a chance to get back into shape and get his knee strong. When you're out of shape or coming back from injury is the easiest time to get another injury or reinjure yourself.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
I benched him in favor of Boris in my fantasy league because the ticker on NBATV said he "might play" tonight. Amare, if you go for 50 and 15 tonight, I will be happy as a Suns fan but pissed at you as a GM. Don't you ever do this to me again, hellboy. :bang:

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
Is Amare that hurt... I wish I could be in his shoes for like a week to see how much pain he is really in.... maybe he should support his knees with some muscle, he is starting to look THIN.

keric

Reaction score
How did Amare look?

Amare was "worked" by Shaq the entire game.

I truly feel Amare plays like a wannabe shooting guard. (Everything offensively is FACING the basket.)

Do we ever see Amare with the "Dropstep" or "Up and Under" ala Kevin Mchale???? (No, we see him with the "Fade Away Jumpers in the lane")

Do we ever see him with a "Jump Stop" into the paint and pump fake??
(No, we see him "double clutch hanging" and forcing the shot)

ALL MOVES USUALLY MADE BY A GUARD !!!!!

I think he is an incredible talent but I have not seen any improvement in his "Back to the basket " moves in the last 3 years. NADA

Although:Amare 3 point shooting has improved (sarcasm)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson