Amare to New Jersey - Rumors say it is a done deal

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Someone on phxsuns.net posted this, credibilty unknown but he says he heard Yi, Lee, Simmons and 2 first rounders for Amare and Amundson. Only details missing.

:bang:
Would much rather get Williams than Lee.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Pretty weak package, unless one of the first-rounders turns out to be higher than expected. Lee is garbage and Simmons is just expiring dead weight.

lou_skywalker

Registered
Reaction score
I rather have Brook Lopez somewhere....or otherwise get Tyrus Thomas from Chicago

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
If amare is willing to sign an extention with that sorry team, it proves he ain't interested in contending.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Contending is overrated. I'd rather make max money than win a championship.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Those 2 first rounders are top 20 protected, right? I've never heard of Kerr trading for a pick without insane protection on it.

At least Amare didn't blow out a knee tonight.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Quick! Someone email Yi the link for Wikipedia's "Leadership" article!

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wait a moment. If this is true . . . NJ traded Richard Jefferson for Yi + Simmons. So they turned Richard Jefferson and some picks of unknown quality into Stat. Well played.

EDIT: I suppose we could follow their lead and suck w/ Yi for a season to get a top pick and then sign big-time free agents when the new CBA hits.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Crappy trade but hey Amare is gone and we can officially rebuild into a contender than a pretender. Get ready for some losing seasons.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Did it really take Amare and Amundson to get that load of dung from the Nets?

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd also rather have a Terrance Williams attached to this rumored deal...but he can guard people so it's not surprising that he isn't being discussed.
CDR is a very promising young player(if he can remain healthy), i would like to see him in a SUNS uni as well.

From what i've seen(which isn't much) Yi has played very well as of late for NJ.

Last edited:
OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Take it with a grain of salt the guy who posted it doesn't have a lot of posts so little credibility.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I'd also rather have a Terrance Williams attached to this rumored deal...but he can guard people so it's not surprising that he isn't being discussed.

Yea its a sin in Phoenix to acquire defensive players.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
"As interest in trading for Amar'e Stoudemire perks up this winter, it feels like a familiar blanket for the Suns forward. He said nothing has changed for what he wants. He would prefer to find a way to remain with the Suns. If he gets an extension, he believes he merits a maximum-level deal. If he gets traded, he wants to play for a title contender. "This has happened the last couple years so I'm used to handling it," Stoudemire said. "I was meant to be strong. Once I'm focused on something, I don't lose focus on the goal and that's to win basketball games. Nothing's going to distract me." Between Republic and Yahoo! reports, Chicago, Cleveland, Golden State, Miami, Minnesota, New Jersey ..."

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nba/nba-rumors.html

LOL. He doesn't lose focus? I wonder what world this guy lives in.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Is this the same rumor source that said KG to PHX was a done deal?

Lee is a young 2. I'd rather have CDR, but Lee was actually my 2nd choice of CDR, Lee or Williams. I'd love it if we got 2 firsts, but I'm curious on how exactly we got 2 firsts.

Now, we need to shift focus to moving Nash (NY?) for youth, picks and cap space and we should do the same with JRich - although his youth makes it less of an imperative.

Frankly, with Lee, we can now move Barbosa for a solid asset. He's got a reasonable contract AND he has value. I'd like to trade Barbosa for a young 4 or 5 (ie, Ty Thomas or Spencer Hawes or DeAndre Jordan or Andre Blatche - something like this).

If Amare is gone and we are in blow it up mode, I'm a happy Suns fan again. If they stand pat like this, I'm apathetic just as I was yesterday....

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Correct my memory, but isn't this the Lee who played as a rookie for ORL in the Finals last season? The one who blew the gimme layup in like game 4 or something?

I like that kid. If you are saying he regressed, remember that he's on the friggin NETS, who have like 2 wins! I don't buy the 'regressed' thing when all context is considered.

Unless this is another Lee, then this is the guy I like (again 2nd to CDR)....

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Couldn't the Suns have gotten something better?

What about a trade with Detroit? Ben Wallace + fillers.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Correct my memory, but isn't this the Lee who played as a rookie for ORL in the Finals last season? The one who blew the gimme layup in like game 4 or something?

I like that kid. If you are saying he regressed, remember that he's on the friggin NETS, who have like 2 wins! I don't buy the 'regressed' thing when all context is considered.

That's the right guy. He kind of sucks.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

Didn't stop CDR or Lopez from putting up number.

fordronken

Reaction score
The Nets own the Mavs pick in 2010 and the Warriors pick in 2012, so those could be the ones. Of course, the more likely scenario is that this trade is bogus.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave