Amare Stoudemire's defense!

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I cant stand watching Amare stoudemire play defense anymore. He stands around in there, it has nothing to do with skill. Even if it was skill, for the supposed work he puts in; he cant learn simple post defense? He puts no effort into it. He allowed camby to shoot 70% for 23 points, let alone that homo-eructus they call chris caveman shoot well over 50% for 22 points. How do you let chris caveman outplay you on offense?? Lastly, stoudemire played 40 minutes tonight and had 5 rebounds when he was playing center alot of the night?!? This guy is so full of S*** i cant stand it..:mulli:

How can he not be the least bit motivated on opening night??
Somebody help...

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
I know he's coming off a long break from playing NBA ball, but if this is the effort he puts in during his contract year I can't imagine the effort he will put in once he gets extended.

On the plus side at least he won't be getting anything close to a maximum contract extension that he's looking for. Eventually even someone with his ego will see that.

That said, he did have some good moments on D at the end of the game. But a few good moments really doesn't cut it

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
Totally agree 100%

For it being game 1 when there's only 82 it disgusted me personally.

AND AGAINST THE CLIPPERS, HE NEEDS TO STEP THAT D UP!

He needs to stop worrying about his health, and start worrying about carrying this team against the clips when it's ALREADY game 1 of the REGULAR season.

I DON'T CARE IF HIS COACHES SAY HE'S ONLY 85%!!!!

BULL****!

Go suck on nash's balls. They won the damn game.

cly2tw

Reaction score
I know he's coming off a long break from playing NBA ball, but if this is the effort he puts in during his contract year I can't imagine the effort he will put in once he gets extended.

On the plus side at least he won't be getting anything close to a maximum contract extension that he's looking for. Eventually even someone with his ego will see that.

That said, he did have some good moments on D at the end of the game. But a few good moments really doesn't cut it

He is currently on a max contract. So far, nobody accused him of emulating Diaw yet.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Unlucky for you guys, his defense at the end of the game partly helped us to win. Unfortunately, it wasn't something he sustained the entire game.

But hey, at least you're filling the "New Thread Created About Amare's Bad Defense" quota!

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Stat sucks on D. It's almost funny watching him come and help someone on a double team, he once left his man wide open down low in the paint to go help Nash. The guy is an idiot. I hope the Suns trade him for picks or something this season because I don't want him back. He isn't going to get you a ring.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
The problem is Amare is just not big enough to body up or get around a guy like Kamen. Plus Kamen is a very competent offensive player.

My biggest problem was not closing out on Camby better early in the game.
I think his defense is better in effort and awareness but he still just makes a lot of mistakes.

The Suns, and Amare, need a better defensive effort to start the game. It is easier to keep players cold than to cool them down after they are hot.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is what he is....which is all TALK never backs it up! Never going to be anything more than a good scorer period!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Amare still have some skills on the offensive side of the ball, but good luck getting a team to pay him the max when he can hardly play any defense I mean both Camby and Kaman schooled him..... A part of me will be sad when Amare leaves but another wont.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Camby and Kaman did a lot of work on the outside. One, not much you can do if they're hitting those and two, if he's out on the perimeter trying to D up he's not around the hoop for boards.

Jesus.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Camby and Kaman did a lot of work on the outside. One, not much you can do if they're hitting those and two, if he's out on the perimeter trying to D up he's not around the hoop for boards.

Jesus.

Wow, can that be this obvious!;) :D

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Lastly, stoudemire played 40 minutes tonight and had 5 rebounds when he was playing center alot of the night?!?
That's right. Amare is a Power Forward, not a Center.

But he jumped Center; he played Center on offense; he played Center on defense.

Did the Jazz ever play Karl Malone at Center? No.

And still fans blame Amare for being outplayed at Center?

Playing out of position wears a player down -- physically and mentally. And our season has just begun.

Amare knows enough to keep quiet, but I'll bet he's already counting the days until he can join a team who will use him properly.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Amare is on his heels so much no wonder he cant stay in front of his man.

Watch his footwork, it will blow your mind. Horrible stances, amateur steal attempts, flat footed and on his heels = recipe for failure

It's like a Jekyll/Hyde thing from offense to defense.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Amare is on his heels so much no wonder he cant stay in front of his man.

Watch his footwork, it will blow your mind. Horrible stances, amateur steal attempts, flat footed and on his heels = recipe for failure

It's like a Jekyll/Hyde thing from offense to defense.

True. That's his problem on defense. He takes too long to turn around after showing for the pick, thus always in bad position for rebounding, trying to re-cover the pick setter. His lack of condition aggreviates it even further, right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA