Am I becoming a Suns fan???

SL Card

Veteran
Reaction score
After the Hawks moved from St. Louis I lost interest in B-Ball 'till I heard about the Bad Boys challenging the (hated) Celtics. So I became a Piston fan for a year. But they got too damn dirty and I was getting WGN and then drifted over to the Bulls (loved Pippin's game)

Then they won it in '91 and I was hooked for decades. But the Gar-Pax fail was beating me down, and WGN stopped carrying the games! Now they just flat out suck and I moved to Phoenix and now I get your games.

And I tell you, it's an exiting team to watch. So young and fast up and down the court! A great bench too. Being as I hate the Lakers, and LeBron specifically, it's pretty easy to make the SUNS my West team, and if they get past Utah I may jump ship completely ;)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since you are thinking about it, it's a step in the right direction.

This is the right time to make the conversion because the Suns have a stable General Manager in James Jones and a tremendous head coach in Monty Williams.

Also they have a great group of players that like each other, willing to listen to instruction and dedicated to winning.

It's been a long journey for Suns fans especially over the last 11 years so if we are a bit grumpy sometimes, please understand. It hasn't been easy to get where we are today.

OP
OP
SL Card

SL Card

Veteran
Reaction score
Since you are thinking about it, it's a step in the right direction.

This is the right time to make the conversion because the Suns have a stable General Manager in James Jones and a tremendous head coach in Monty Williams.

Also they have a great group of players that like each other, willing to listen to instruction and dedicated to winning.

It's been a long journey for Suns fans especially over the last 11 years so if we are a bit grumpy sometimes, please understand. It hasn't been easy to get where we are today.
Oh I get the grumpy. I was grumpy for 13 years when LaRussa was ruining the Cardinals and totally pissed pissed for 25 years after Bidwill up and took the Big Red out west (Of course NOW I'm glad he did)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All aboard the Suns bandwagon my friend!

This playoffs is so crazy that even all my Laker fan friends have somehow turned to the Sunny side of life and are cheering for us.

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
Been a Suns fan since 1976.....and we all know how close they came that year!

OP
OP
SL Card

SL Card

Veteran
Reaction score

This playoffs is so crazy that even all my Laker fan friends have somehow turned to the Sunny side of life and are cheering for us.
My Laker friends are insufferable, worse than Cub fans :pullhair:

My Laker friends are insufferable, worse than Cub fans :pullhair:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, nearly all of them. #notonboard :cool:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really Brian? Your are sounding like a Stealers who lives here. Lakers out of it, why not?

I'm a one team per sport kinda guy. When my team is done I look forward to the next season. No divided loyalty here. To each their own, but that's just me.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I'm a one team per sport kinda guy. When my team is done I look forward to the next season. No divided loyalty here. To each their own, but that's just me.
C'mon, buddy you live in Mesa. We could use your support. Just sayin'.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um then why are you on the Suns board at all?

Because it has always been so welcoming to fans of other tea... lol almost typed that with a straight face. I'm a longtime ASFN'er just ASFN'ing. Are you the self-appointed fan police for this board? No fans of other teams allowed? It's cool to have Phoenix fans in Los Angeles, but not vice versa? Yawn.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Because it has always been so welcoming to fans of other tea... lol almost typed that with a straight face. I'm a longtime ASFN'er just ASFN'ing. Are you the self-appointed fan police for this board? No fans of other teams allowed? It's cool to have Phoenix fans in Los Angeles, but not vice versa? Yawn.
You basically said that after your team is eliminated you don’t care until the next season, yet here you are…

And I didn’t personally insult you. Yawn.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C'mon, buddy you live in Mesa. We could use your support. Just sayin'.

I'll go this far - I hope a team from the West wins it all.

None of the Western teams have ANY titles.

ALL of the Eastern teams already have a title (or titles) at some point in their history.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You basically said that after your team is eliminated you don’t care until the next season, yet here you are…

And I didn’t personally insult you. Yawn.

I do still follow and watch some games but I don't have any dog in the fight. Just think it's silly how people jump ship on their team and support another.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a hard time having someone who rooted against the Suns in the '93 finals pulling for the Suns this year.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Odds of beating Utah?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose