Alvin Gentry Extended through 2012-13

NoelPHX

Space for Sale
Reaction score
http://www.nba.com/suns/news/gentry_extension_10023.html

The Phoenix Suns signed head coach Alvin Gentry to a contract extension that will keep him with the club through the 2012-13 season.

“It was important to extend Alvin’s contract before this season,” said Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby. “He proved his mettle as the perfect coach for the Suns last season. We are excited to have him lead our team going forward.”

Idk if it was on this site or another but people were predicting doom and gloom since we weren't extending Gentry. Let this ray of sunshine make you cover your eyes for a little while :p

I am all for this extension.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alvin Gentry deserves the extension. He got the Suns back on their feet after Porter was replaced. I like how he has installed a measure of defense on a team that was not built for defense. The Suns far exceeded expectations last season making it to the WCFs.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He definitely has his work cut out for him this season.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I like Alvin Gentry. I am glad he has some stability.

His demeanor and approach to the players is top notch IMO.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Gentry exceeded EVERYBODY's expectations. I'll speak for myself when I say that I wasn't expecting a whole lot from Alvin last year but the way he's been able to bring the team together was an absolute joy to watch. Kudos to him and this was well deserved.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
Sarver must have heard we were concerned. Since he listens to everything we say, this is not a surprise.. :p

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Most the time the coach gets canned before they live out the contract.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This news just makes it all the more interesting in terms of which direction the SUNS will go once Nashy is gone.

Kudos to Gentry though....a deserved reward for his hard work.