Aloha

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I liked it fine. Emma Stone and BC had good chemistry and I can stare at Emma and Rachel all day so it was going to be a hit for me either way :) There were lots of laughs and I liked the militant hawiian guy and how upset he made the old people in the theater sitting next to me. (Truth hurts 'murica)

There were definitely issues, Cameron Crowe usually has a good smooth feel to his films and this one was pretty disjointed in parts, and I thought the BIG scene was really hokey, but still a good message. I thought Emma Stones character was hilarious and Rachel Mac continues to show she is not just a pretty face she has serious acting chops.

Which brings me to another thought, my own personal rankings for Cameron Crowe DIRECTED films, (sorry Fast times doesn't count, and I didn't count the documentaries either)

1. Almost Famous
2. Singles
3. Vanilla Sky
4. Jerry Mcguire
5. Say Anything
6. We bought a zoo (that movie was cornball but still really well done)
7. Aloha
8. Elizabethtown

What are yours?

I'm surprised at how much people hated this movie. It was a bit lame, like most romantic comedies, but I didn't think it was that bad. Heck of a cast. Too bad they were wasted on a weak script.

As far as Crowe's films, I can't easily rank them, but I realized I've seen most of them only once. I need to rewatch Vanilla sky, Jerry Mcquire, Singles and Say Anything. I watched Almost Famous a couple times. That's a great film.