Alita: Battle Angel

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm tired of Hollywood force feeding us beautiful teenage girls (I know that this character is a robot/android) saving the world.

Change it up - use a not-so-good looking character, an older character, etc.

It's an immediate eye-roller to me.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'm tired of Hollywood force feeding us beautiful teenage girls (I know that this character is a robot/android) saving the world.

funny you should say that. I was noticing that is exactly why I kinda like that show Lucifer... tons of beautiful women and most of them are well over 40.
makes ya not have to worry about being that creepy old man when you leer over a chick your own age, lol.
sadly.... ugly people dont sell movie tickets...unless they are robert englund

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

You also know this is a live action adaptation of an anime, right?

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
You also know this is a live action adaptation of an anime, right?

You must be registered for see images attach

They still should have let her have normal damn eyes. Too freaky. I know there are a lot of anime fans out there & I'm sure that's what they are catering to but they won't be able to get others to watch it imo.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
They still should have let her have normal damn eyes. Too freaky. I know there are a lot of anime fans out there & I'm sure that's what they are catering to but they won't be able to get others to watch it imo.

Uh, a lot of those anime fans are incredibly pissed of about this one. I had never heard of it, but I'm not an anime junkie. I know some folks who are, and they reacted far more negatively than even I did.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Uh, a lot of those anime fans are incredibly pissed of about this one. I had never heard of it, but I'm not an anime junkie. I know some folks who are, and they reacted far more negatively than even I did.
So freakin what? You’ve already made up your mind, who cares what anime people think? It’s obvious that the character design is based on the anime. Either like it or don’t.

I’m looking forward to it simply because I like James Cameron’s visual effects company and I am a fan of Robert Rodriguez.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Passed on an opportunity to see it for free tomorrow night. May see it eventually, but in no rush.

More excited to go see Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure again on the big screen on Wed for it's 30th anniversary. My wife has never seen it and it was filmed all over the Valley including my old high school.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So freakin what? You’ve already made up your mind, who cares what anime people think? It’s obvious that the character design is based on the anime. Either like it or don’t.

I’m looking forward to it simply because I like James Cameron’s visual effects company and I am a fan of Robert Rodriguez.

So freaking what? It was in response to someone directly referencing those anime fans and their supposed impact on it, that's what "so freaking what." I certainly wouldn't like it, but it seems like that really chapped your ass for some reason. So freaking what.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So freaking what? It was in response to someone directly referencing those anime fans and their supposed impact on it, that's what "so freaking what." I certainly wouldn't like it, but it seems like that really chapped your ass for some reason. So freaking what.

i see what you did there!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alita: Battle Angel

Release date: February 14, 2019
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Robert Rodriguez
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Screenwriters: James Cameron, Laeta Kalogridis, Robert Rodriguez
Genre: Action, Sci-Fi

Starring: Rosa Salazar, Christoph Waltz, Jennifer Connelly, Mahershala Ali, Ed Skrein, Jackie Earle Haley, Keean Johnson

Plot Summary: Based upon the graphic novel ("Manga") series "GUNNM" by Yukito Kishiro - From visionary filmmakers James Cameron (AVATAR) and Robert Rodriguez (SIN CITY), comes ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL, an epic adventure of hope and empowerment. When Alita (Rosa Salazar) awakens with no memory of who she is in a future world she does not recognize, she is taken in by Ido (Christoph Waltz), a compassionate doctor who realizes that somewhere in this abandoned cyborg shell is the heart and soul of a young woman with an extraordinary past. As Alita learns to navigate her new life and the treacherous streets of Iron City, Ido tries to shield her from her mysterious history while her street-smart new friend Hugo (Keean Johnson) offers instead to help trigger her memories. But it is only when the deadly and corrupt forces that run the city come after Alita that she discovers a clue to her past - she has unique fighting abilities that those in power will stop at nothing to control. If she can stay out of their grasp, she could be the key to saving her friends, her family and the world she's grown to love.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
several friends have seen this and so far everyone loves it... one says adamantly it was worth the price for 3D

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
The visuals were impressive but I thought the acting and the dialogue were laughably bad.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The visuals were impressive but I thought the acting and the dialogue were laughably bad.
Dialogue wasn't great--it was written by James Cameron, after all. And there was a line or two I thought the girl's delivery wasn't great, but outside of that, I didn't mind most of the acting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson