Alford Out For Season

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. Depending on/Giving guys decent coin who are on the wrong side of thirty, coming off injury and sucking in the previous season needs to stop.

This one and the Gilbert deal both stuck out like sore thumbs to me when the deals went down. 10 million bucks worth of wasted cal space. Blegh. Not happy to be proven right.

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
are the Cards down to Chris Jones on the outside again?

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lol. Depending on/Giving guys decent coin who are on the wrong side of thirty, coming off injury and sucking in the previous season needs to stop.

This one and the Gilbert deal both stuck out like sore thumbs to me when the deals went down. 10 million bucks worth of wasted cal space. Blegh. Not happy to be proven right.

I came here to say this. Not having either Gilbert or Alford play 1 game in their first 2 years with the Cardinals after signing their FA deals is a real kick in the nuts.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We get some cap relief from Gilbert opting out, right? How about from Alford going on IR?

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Yeah, this isn't a hindsight situation. Plenty of people were skeptical of the Alford signing from the jump. Especially at 3 yrs/$22.5 mm.

The fact that we are already in the exact same situation at CB as we were last year is ridiculous, too. Hoping Alford stays healthy and absolutely needing Alford to stay healthy are two very different things.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The best FA CB still available is Ross Cockerel. But as he's not signed for anyone despite a number of visits so I'm guessing he's looking for more than teams think he is worth.

If we did sign him it would have to be a multi year deal with a chunk in signing bonus to get him under the cap this year.

Bring Tramon Williams back. He's a baller no matter his age. People said he was too old when he came here at 35. IMO he's the best CB we had across from P2 in 5-6 years. He played 600+ snaps last year for Green Bay. Dude can still play and we can afford him.

Tramon can play slot too so if you want to put Murphy outside vs a burner and have someone in the slot you have that option.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It tells me that we HAVE to go CB in the first round of next year's draft. And also one in FA if one is available. Agree with those who say that the loss of Alford will crush our defense, unless a CB magically appears.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have any of the people in here saying that injury prone players get injured and it was a dumb signing also advocated for extending Hump?

Asking for a friend :)